Author Topic: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 has passed away. Our grieving thread.  (Read 263297 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: BetterMost member LoneLeeB3 passes away.
« Reply #660 on: August 09, 2010, 01:07:36 am »
Marcia,

Thank you for seeking us out here and for your touching post.  It means a lot to me to see you here.  We are all here and were brought together here because of a little movie and short story called Brokeback Mountain.  Many of the themes, issues, and challenges in the movie and story no doubt you and Rich had to deal with first hand in the last three years.  We are sympthetic and understanding to that, and I just want you to know that you are welcome here with open arms just as much as are our friend Rich was too...  :)

Eric

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #661 on: August 09, 2010, 04:34:31 am »
I'm not sure why but after one week (of many more to come) of mourning Richard, I found myself reading posts on your web site. I haven't been to this web site in well over a year, probably closer to 2 years but for some reason this afternoon, it dawned on me to read more about Richard.   I'm not sure that I am welcome here but there is a big hole in my heart and reading some of your posts just makes me feel better.  Then I read the posts about my daughter and some even mentioned me.  After not crying for 24 hours, I found tears in my eyes again.  I have known Richard for 20 years and during those years, I think I have had every title in the book.  But in the end, we were best friends again and were raising a beautiful daughter.  I know that she was his light and for any that have met her, she has a heart as big as her dads.  I am heart broken over the loss of my best friend but my heart just aches for Elizabeth.  I know he loved (and still does) Gene and the boys and I hurt for them too.  Together, we are all pulling together to laugh, cry and heal.  We are now family which is what he wanted.   I had the pleasure of meeting some of the names I have heard for years this weekend.  I'm so sorry that we had to meet this way but in a small way, I can hear Richard saying "told ya so".  I don't want to post much here because this was Richards home but you all touhed my heart so much that I had to register and tell you so myself.  Richard taught me to say it when I felt it so that is what I am doing.  He left this world knowing I loved him very much - he was surrounded by wonderful friends and family who cared deeply for him.   He is missed so much more then words can say -
Thank you all very much for supporting him in his time of need,
Marcia (Elizabeths mom)

Marcia,
thank you for your heartfelt post. You are part of Rich's family and mother of his precious Bizzy, please know that you are welcome here.
We all love and care about Rich, and now we're here to mourn him and to celebrate his life. Thank you for joining us in this.
My sincere condolences,
Chrissi

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #662 on: August 09, 2010, 04:37:19 am »
Hi Marcia.

Please know that you're always welcome here.

(((Marcia)))

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #663 on: August 09, 2010, 04:46:54 am »
Marcia, I second everyone else. You are always welcome here.

Richard was the greatest of friends. I just wish I could have felt his embrace, only once. He was a real friend. He always knew when to mail me a card or a PM containing encouraging words.

This world shall always be the better for people like Rich. :-*

And at the very least, I hope you, along with Gene and Elizabeth find comfort in this thread and in the common bond of love we all share for Richard.

And may God rest his sweet sweet soul! :'( :'( :-*

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #664 on: August 09, 2010, 04:58:25 am »
And at the very least, I hope you, along with Gene and Elizabeth find comfort in this thread and in the common bond of love we all share for Richard.

David, I love how you said this.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #665 on: August 09, 2010, 09:09:28 am »
Our deepest thanks and love to the BetterMost members who went to Georgia to pay last respects to dear Rich and to carry our thoughts to his friends and family.
 :-*
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #666 on: August 09, 2010, 09:44:27 am »
Marcia, I second everyone else. You are always welcome here.

Richard was the greatest of friends. I just wish I could have felt his embrace, only once. He was a real friend. He always knew when to mail me a card or a PM containing encouraging words.

This world shall always be the better for people like Rich. :-*

And may God rest his sweet sweet soul! :'( :'( :-*

Well said, David.  You always seem to have the right words when I struggle for them.   :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #667 on: August 09, 2010, 10:35:58 am »
(((((Marcia)))))

You too are in my thoughts.
BbM, I swear

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: All Brokies read! Emergency!!!!!!
« Reply #668 on: August 09, 2010, 10:37:29 am »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=BBM

Just bumping this up, in case people still want to light candles for Rich.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #669 on: August 09, 2010, 12:25:03 pm »
Together, we are all pulling together to laugh, cry and heal.  We are now family which is what he wanted.

Welcome, Marcia. That is a beautiful and powerful thing.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.