Author Topic: The "ABCs of BBM": Round 965! (Rules in first post)  (Read 5488111 times)

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
"H" is heavyset
« Reply #20450 on: September 23, 2009, 05:42:37 pm »
Ennis's co-worker, Timmy, is a heavyset, middle-aged man who works alongside him and speaks  incessantly.  

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
"I" is inhibiting
« Reply #20451 on: September 24, 2009, 06:38:53 pm »
Whilst peeling potatoes, Jack tries inhibiting his desire to take a peek at washing-up Ennis.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:20:48 am by southendmd »

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"L" is laved
« Reply #20452 on: September 25, 2009, 01:59:17 am »
Jack tried his best not to peek while Ennis laved.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
"M" is mountain-filled
« Reply #20453 on: September 25, 2009, 12:02:47 pm »
Over the years, Ennis and Jack found refuge and solitude among the chilly peaks of the mountain-filled parts of Wyoming.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"N" is no-peeking
« Reply #20454 on: September 26, 2009, 10:23:11 am »
Whilst peeling potatoes, Jack tried his best to observe the no-peeking rule.

Offline Fran

"O" is Oscar-caliber
« Reply #20455 on: September 27, 2009, 12:06:26 pm »
Alberta Film Commissioner Dan Chugg's campaign to bring major film productions to the province reached a new peak after he successfully pitched Alberta's low costs, stunning landscapes, and Oscar-caliber production crews to Brokeback Mountain director Ang Lee.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"P" is peaked
« Reply #20456 on: September 27, 2009, 12:56:43 pm »
After having a peak experience on the peak of the mountain, Ennis looked somewhat peaked the following day.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"R" is rendition
« Reply #20457 on: September 27, 2009, 01:16:30 pm »
Jack's rendition of "Water-Walking Jesus" piqued Ennis's interest in religion and such.

Offline Fran

"S" is speak
« Reply #20458 on: September 27, 2009, 08:07:38 pm »
Ennis didn't know about the accident for months until his postcard to Jack saying that November still looked like the first chance came back stamped DECEASED. He called Jack's number in Childress, something he had done only once before when Alma divorced him and Jack had misunderstood the reason for the call, had driven twelve hundred miles north for nothing. This would be all right, Jack would answer, had to answer. But he did not. It was Lureen and she said who? who is this? and when he told her again she said in a level voice yes, Jack was pumping up a flat on the truck out on a back road when the tire blew up. The bead was damaged somehow and the force of the explosion slammed the rim into his face, broke his nose and jaw and knocked him unconscious on his back. By the time someone came along he had drowned in his own blood.

No, he thought, they got him with the tire iron.

"Jack used to mention you," she said. "You're the fishing buddy or the hunting buddy, I know that. Would have let you know," she said, "but I wasn't sure about your name and address. Jack kept most a his friends' addresses in his head. It was a terrible thing. He was only thirty-nine years old."

The huge sadness of the northern plains rolled down on him. He didn't know which way it was, the tire iron or a real accident, blood choking down Jack's throat and nobody to turn him over. Under the wind drone he heard steel slamming off bone, the hollow chatter of a settling tire rim.

"He buried down there?" He wanted to curse her for letting Jack die on the dirt road.

The little Texas voice came slip-sliding down the wire. "We put a stone up. He use to say he wanted to be cremated, ashes scattered on Brokeback Mountain. I didn't know where that was. So he was cremated, like he wanted, and like I say, half his ashes was interred here, and the rest I sent up to his folks. I thought Brokeback Mountain was around where he grew up. But knowing Jack, it might be some pretend place where the bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring."

"We herded sheep on Brokeback one summer," said Ennis. He could hardly speak.

"Well, he said it was his place. I thought he meant to get drunk. Drink whiskey up there. He drank a lot."

"His folks still up in Lightnin Flat?"

"Oh yeah. They'll be there until they die. I never met them. They didn't come down for the funeral. You get in touch with them. I suppose they'd appreciate it if his wishes was carried out."

No doubt about it, she was polite but the little voice was cold as snow.

[story]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 04:53:00 pm by Fran »

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"T" is tongue-tied
« Reply #20459 on: September 28, 2009, 10:35:07 am »
While waiting for Aguirre, Jack couldn't resist sneaking a peek or two at the tongue-tied cowboy who piqued his interest.