Author Topic: The "I LOVE everything Ennis" thread  (Read 42483 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: roboy's "I love everything Ennis"
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2006, 01:58:51 pm »
Okay, don't know if I have already mentioned it in this thread .. but I have mentioned it in all the I love everything Ennis threads that Roland has started:  ;D

I love the way Ennis sits very suggestively spread-eagled-like on the couch after a coupla beers, waiting anxiously for Jack on 'that' day!  I mean, he was oozing hotness in that scene ...  ::)

Agreed.  I love how he lights that cigarette after he says, "...if he shows" as he's looking out the window for him again.  And how he's drunk seven beers by the time he shows up (I believe I counted) and smoked God knows how many cigarettes trying to calm his nerves (and libido) waiting for him.
No more beans!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2006, 02:01:21 pm »
And how he's drunk seven beers by the time he shows up (I believe I counted) and smoked God knows how many cigarettes trying to calm his nerves (and libido) waiting for him.

I counted eight, but I could be wrong. When Ennis is onscreen, I have a hard time focusing on anything else.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2006, 03:09:52 pm »
And how he's drunk seven beers by the time he shows up (I believe I counted) and smoked God knows how many cigarettes trying to calm his nerves (and libido) waiting for him.

I counted eight, but I could be wrong. When Ennis is onscreen, I have a hard time focusing on anything else.

Hehe ...I counted 6 empty ones and the 7th in his hand!  ;D

And I agree with Barb, love the way he says "...if he shows", shaking his leg so nervously. 
I mean, if Ennis didn't realise that he was hopelessly in love with Jack at that point, then he wouldn't have known it either if it was tattooed on his forehead ... or if a giant box labelled "Ennis is in love with Jack" hit him hard over the head!

*sigh* All those butterflies in his stomach.... :D
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 03:15:04 pm by Lucise »

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2006, 03:19:44 pm »
*sigh* All those butterflies in his stomach.... :D

And in mine, thinking about this!

I think, definitely, he realizes.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2006, 04:35:31 pm »
More on the reunion.. I love the way Ennis gazes into Jack's eyes as he's trying to detach and go up to the apartment.  I think this is inbetween kiss and nuzzle. I just love the look in his eyes there... accompanied by Jack's stunned amazement.

Awww..... :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2006, 03:15:31 pm »
How can anyone not love everything Ennis? If you'd ask me in what scene I do not love him, it'll be easier. Can't keep my eyes off him when he is on screen. I guess I missed the one or other Jack moment/facial expression for always looking at Ennis.

Some of the more obvious and most popular aren't mentioned here yet. They were mentioned often on IMDB threads, and I think they belong here, too. So I take a classic one for my first post on this thread:

I love Ennis always tucking in his shirt.

And I love these "I love everything..." threads. We should make them grow and grow... Thanks roboy (spelling?) for recreating them here on bettermost.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2006, 09:24:22 pm »
How can anyone not love everything Ennis? If you'd ask me in what scene I do not love him, it'll be easier. Can't keep my eyes off him when he is on screen. I guess I missed the one or other Jack moment/facial expression for always looking at Ennis.

Hey, Penthesilea, that's exactly how I feel. I'm so glad to have you around, because we are in the minority here. But that's OK, too.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2006, 10:54:35 pm »
Hey now people.  I disapprove of pitting Ennis against Jack or Jack against Ennis. As Proulx says you can't have Ennis without Jack.

So here's an important classic.

I love Ennis for loving Jack best.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2006, 12:36:24 am »
Amanda, you are right, of course, and very fair. Beyond my own unavoidable preference I'm not crazy about the pitting either, though mainly because Ennis usually fares worse. I always feel bad for him and want to leap to his defense, or at least offer some balance to the Jackophilia.

For a while on imdb, I considered starting a thread called "in defense of Ennis," because I feel he frequently gets judged too harshly. But the "ILE Ennis" thread goes a long way in that direction.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2006, 06:37:31 am »
Hey now people.  I disapprove of pitting Ennis against Jack or Jack against Ennis. As Proulx says you can't have Ennis without Jack.

It wasn't my intention pitting Ennis against Jack or vice verca. I sure love them both. Annie said it best.
However.... I can't help being Ennisphil.

Another one:

I love Ennis in the beginning of the scond tent scene: looking for a second at Jack, looking away, looking again... He can't stand it to look openly at Jack face to face (at this point).