Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2149661 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #3370 on: December 31, 2008, 02:00:25 am »
They are my kind of movies too! I felt like rejoicing at the end of Music of the Heart. I always feel like standing up and clapping. I know that sounds stupid, but that's the kind of feeling I get. :)

Hey, I know that one too.........and it actually makes me feel like doing the same thing......standing up and clapping. No it sure doesn't sound stupid unless I am stupid. It give that kind of feeling.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3371 on: December 31, 2008, 02:01:21 am »
Cher's great. I think she should have done even more movies. Moonstruck was good--and the one where she was a biker babe and her son was ill...she was great in that too.

I liked Meryl's "Out of Africa" and "The Bridges of Madison County" a lot.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3372 on: December 31, 2008, 02:03:10 am »
Cher's great. I think she should have done even more movies. Moonstruck was good--and the one where she was a biker babe and her son was ill...she was great in that too.

I liked Meryl's "Out of Africa" and "The Bridges of Madison County" a lot.

Mask. Another excellent movie. Cher was wonderful in that one. Wasn't that based on a true story too?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3373 on: December 31, 2008, 02:04:18 am »
I think it was. It made me cry, I remember that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3374 on: December 31, 2008, 02:04:47 am »
Yup! And Kurt Russell! :D

I LOVE Cher!! Even when I was little! Back then I thought I liked her because she is Native like me. Later I found out ALL gay men love her. So maybe that's what it was all along! I really don't know. But I've loved Cher for a long time. :)

So did I David.........my sister is a little over 10 years older than me and I Got You Babe is one of my favorite songs of all time. And then while I was growing up there was Dark Lady, Half Breed, Gypsys Tramps and Thieves, etc. I had no idea I was gay or that Cher was a gay hero.......like you I liked her a long time before I knew that........I still like her and would love to see her

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3375 on: December 31, 2008, 02:05:50 am »
I think it was. It made me cry, I remember that.

It made me cry too Shasta! :'(

But it was a beautiful movie.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3376 on: December 31, 2008, 02:07:31 am »
So did I David.........my sister is a little over 10 years older than me and I Got You Babe is one of my favorite songs of all time. And then while I was growing up there was Dark Lady, Half Breed, Gypsys Tramps and Thieves, etc. I had no idea I was gay or that Cher was a gay hero.......like you I liked her a long time before I knew that........I still like her and would love to see her

I never EVER missed the Sonny & Cher show. I think it came on Monday nights, didn't it? I had to see Cher! I just HAD to see her.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #3377 on: December 31, 2008, 02:07:55 am »
I have this real old vinyl record of hers called "The Sonny Side of Cher" which has "You Better Sit Down Kids" I have no idea how old it is, but I still have my sister's old 45 of "I Got You Babe"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3378 on: December 31, 2008, 02:10:11 am »
He put those little pins in his map to mark all the places he wanted to visit. OMG--that made me bawl. And he tried to get his grandparents and his mom to make nice. The girl at camp liked him ,but her parents made her break up. He was so nice and things hardly ever worked out for him. How sad was all that? The biker guys were always good to him tho.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3379 on: December 31, 2008, 02:11:22 am »
Jack, if you are sober and if there is a Wal-mart near you, you should go there and buy Mama Mia right now!!

I can't believe you haven't seen it!! If you can't make it there tonight, go and buy it tomorrow, okay? Meryl Streep was awesome in it, and it has all the ABBA songs in it... just like the Broadway version.