Author Topic: Brokeback Through The Looking Glass (the Malaysian subtitles thread)  (Read 178067 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Looking Glass - The Final Frontier
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2006, 10:31:32 am »

Again... bumping for Celeste...

;D

Ooooh - I'm so excited!  Thanks.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

Re: Brokeback Through The Looking Glass
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2006, 10:35:45 am »
I sit here in my cube laughing hysterically. Everyone wondering what the hell is wrong (or right) with me.

Thanks for sharing-anybody got a Kleenex?

OMG!!

I am laughing and crying and trying not to make noise all at the same time, and I'm at work, so it's very bad on all counts.  Sheyne, friend - thanks so much for posting this, and then bumping it for me.  Bet Malaysians don't think BBM was so great! 

:o :o :o :o
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline YaadPyar

Re: Brokeback Through The Looking Glass - Both threads now merged into one.
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2006, 10:46:51 am »
Nice job on the merge too, Elle.  Its' great all in one place.  I wonder if this can be copied somehow.  The folks on the rest of BetterMost would laugh as much!  I think I'll just go post a link for now...

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2006, 02:13:08 am »
littledarlin got thr best name, and the best subtitle too: "we can hug on November, caress and nice oak" I love the way subtitler got both "hug" and "caress" into something someone said in the middle of an argument..well, the beginning of one...

If I wasn't se enamored of the ancient Chinese poem and that blue, blue shirt of yours, I'd steal it...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2006, 02:48:10 am »
Nice job on the merge too, Elle.  Its' great all in one place.  I wonder if this can be copied somehow.  The folks on the rest of BetterMost would laugh as much!  I think I'll just go post a link for now...

Thanks, Celeste.  Oh, let's not recopy posts to other parts of BetterMost, let's post invitational links.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2006, 01:58:48 pm »
littledarlin got thr best name, and the best subtitle too: "we can hug on November, caress and nice oak" I love the way subtitler got both "hug" and "caress" into something someone said in the middle of an argument..well, the beginning of one...

If I wasn't se enamored of the ancient Chinese poem and that blue, blue shirt of yours, I'd steal it...

no kidding. changing "hunt" and "kill" into "hug" and "caress". now if we can get the NRA people to make those same changes.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2006, 05:28:23 am »
LINE: This is a goddamn bitch of an unsatisfactory situation.
SUBTITLE: This is a goddamn non-side victory situation.  (how COULD they????)

Wow.  Come to think of it, it really was a goddamn non-side victory situation.

And did Ennis ever have to face judgment over depressing Jack's uncle to death.  And what ever became of Kyle, Gary, Patsy, Grandall and the family plant??  Not to mention who else was on Ennis's short list?? hmmmm

That was my favorite part.  Sheyne, you're priceless.   :-*

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
I think I have it figured out! Kyle and Gary are the Chilean sheepherders who live on the sunny side of Brokeback Mountain! They wouldn't hurt a fly... or peek at it either... or google anyone!

Thanks for merging this great thread!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2006, 02:41:04 am »
Wow.  Come to think of it, it really was a goddamn non-side victory situation.

That was my favorite part.  Sheyne, you're priceless.   :-*

Thanks, Kirk..   ;D

But uhh.. just slightly OT - I got a kid in my class who's just been transferred.  Surname? GRANDALL.

I nearly diiiiiiied...   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Chut up!

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
Oh my cowboy, Sheyne!!!!!!! I have tears of laughter streaming down my face!!

Excellent! Thanks so much for postin' this, and givin' my abs a workout. Laughter is not only the best medicine, if you laugh hard enough, it's good excercise too!!!

(In college, I once spent a WHOLE NIGHT laughing with some dorm buds. We were rolling on the floor for, literally, HOURS, just laughing our freshman asses off. My abs were so sore the next day. Whoowee! I love me a good belly laugh.   :laugh: )
Jack Nasty loves you!