Author Topic: Brokeback Through The Looking Glass (the Malaysian subtitles thread)  (Read 177969 times)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
Re: Brokeback Through The Looking Glass
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 01:47:03 pm »
Oh my god, Sheyne, I am killing myself laughing!! My kids have just come into my study wondering what the HELL is happening to me! I don't think they'd ever seen me laughing so hard. My son just asked if I needed a glass of water, and my 5-year-old daughter can't quite understand why I am crying, if I am supposed to be laughing...
PLEASE keep us up to date with the rest of the film as you go along.
One of my friend's got a son called Kyle, and I'm going to visit them soon... And at least now I can laugh instead of moaning when I do the housework!
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 02:24:56 pm »
Sheyne -

OH MY GOD.  I'm just echoing what everyone else has said, but I literally just sat here, by myself, for ten minutes, laughing my ass off.  My dog came running into the room to see what was going on!  This is the funniest thing I've seen in a while - please post more when you get a chance!  And thanks for starting this thread.

Cowboys do it better

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2006, 02:31:02 pm »
Sheyne, I think your official homework is to watch the rest of the movie in subtitles and share it with us! That is so funny! :D  ;D

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2006, 02:34:34 pm »
I sit here in my cube laughing hysterically. Everyone wondering what the hell is wrong (or right) with me.

Thanks for sharing-anybody got a Kleenex?

Heathen

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2006, 04:54:42 pm »

Glad I'm not the only one to have benefited from our poor Malaysian cousins shocking grasp of english..

Installment 2 to come tonight after I've watched the next lot..  ;D right now, I'm off to work..
Chut up!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2006, 05:01:48 pm »
Oh goody!  Sheyne, I'd help with the ironing if I could.

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2006, 05:15:55 pm »
What is it that's so hilarious about people from strange lands eviscerating the English language?  It just pushes all my funny buttons.  Ah, the sweet pleasures of laughing at people.

I can only hope that when I speak French, I manage to provide the same high quality entertainment.  It just wouldn't be fair, otherwise.

I think, if I have to choose my absolute favourite, though (and I have so many favourites), it has to be "What if Gary finds out, huh?"  Gary!  The mysterious third angle of the love triangle!  What if Gary finds out?  I shudder to think of the consequences.  Poor Gary.  He'd be so upset.  No cowboy of his own to keep him warm.  You know, I can live with the boys cheating on their wives, but it's the cheating on Gary that I can't forgive.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2006, 05:18:07 pm »
Chantie, now I'm snorking and weeping again...

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 05:31:40 pm »
I can't stop laughing.  I love language so much.  This is better than chocolate in the deliciosity department.

I know.  I'm sitting here, eating smarties (not the orange ones, they're disgusting), and trying to decide what's better:  Smarties or Gary?  Smarties or Gary?  Smarties or Gary?

Gary.

A smartie is momentary, but Gary is forever.

Thanks again Sheyne for this.  I've been chuckling all day.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2006, 05:36:07 pm »
Sheyne!! Soooo funny!!! Totally killing myself.. (i perosnally like the canoe one!)

and now Chanterais has got me thinking of the 'daddy or chips' advert for mccains. I love that ad!

OT - but I didn't imagine you with a kiddie sheyne - look entirely far too young to have a kiddie! (who must be a gorgeous little 'un given your looks...!)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/