Author Topic: Brokeback Through The Looking Glass (the Malaysian subtitles thread)  (Read 177982 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Brokeback Through The Looking Glass (the Malaysian subtitles thread)
« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2010, 06:34:07 pm »

Is that a gun in your mariconera, or are you just glad to see me?

;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2011, 11:04:01 pm »
Time for a bump. Folks are in need of a laugh.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2011, 12:41:08 am »
I never understood the word fanny pack, as if if was carried the other way around.

Ok, this is my theory, and be warned, more potentially offensive verbiage below.

I believe the term "fanny pack" started in England.  On a trip to the UK I was told that over there, they call a woman's "front" her fanny.  Apparently it's an offensive term there, much like the American slang term that starts with "P" and to quote a rap song "is another way to call a cat or kitty."

think "pussy willow".....:laugh:

I always wondered why we called it a "fanny pack" here when it's worn in the front, but over here some people will refer to their rear ends as their "fanny".

This really makes me laugh, but I have a friend out in LA who refers to his bag as his "pussy pouch".

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2011, 09:09:59 am »
Ok, this is my theory, and be warned, more potentially offensive verbiage below.

I believe the term "fanny pack" started in England.  On a trip to the UK I was told that over there, they call a woman's "front" her fanny.  Apparently it's an offensive term there, much like the American slang term that starts with "P" and to quote a rap song "is another way to call a cat or kitty."

think "pussy willow".....:laugh:

I always wondered why we called it a "fanny pack" here when it's worn in the front, but over here some people will refer to their rear ends as their "fanny".

This really makes me laugh, but I have a friend out in LA who refers to his bag as his "pussy pouch".

But it was originally meant to be worn on the bottom right? Thats why you guys call it a fanny pack and us a bum bag.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2011, 05:13:22 pm »

I suspect when they were first invented, they were worn in the back. Then people discovered how easily a skillful thief could open the zipper and steal your wallet, or whatever, especially in a crowd, so they started wearing them in front for security.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2011, 12:12:42 pm »
I'm surprised nobody has bumped this thread yet. This is the funniest thread ever.

Chrissi, do you still have Ennis's "queer case"? Are you taking it to Alberta with you?  ;D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2011, 12:42:47 pm »
Chrissi, do you still have Ennis's "queer case"? Are you taking it to Alberta with you?  ;D

Sadly no. :(
The pic is long gone and I didn't save it. I googled before, but can't find it anymore.

On a brighter note, maybe Ennis came by and took it with him. ;)
He really needed his queer case for more fishing trips with Jack. :D

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #167 on: April 26, 2012, 02:29:55 pm »
Way past due for a bump.  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2012, 06:55:00 pm »
LINE: You pair deuces lookin for work I suggest you get your scrawny asses in here pronto..
SUBTITLE: You pay look for work I suggest you get your scrawny asses in your pronto

What if they don't fit?  ;D  ;)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
Re: Brokeback Through The Looking Glass
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2012, 07:05:08 pm »
The 'something lost in the translation' works both ways.  One woman was wearing one of those cool t-shirts with Chinese characters on it, just to be pulled aside by her Asian friend and told that her t-shirt said "I f--k dragons."

I want one of those t-shirts.  ;)