Author Topic: About your forum ID!  (Read 29179 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: About your forum ID!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 01:54:41 pm »
My name started as "ineedcrayons," from Alma Jr.'s line in BBM, which I think summarizes the movie's themes -- we all need crayons/color/joy/hapiness in our lives.

One year, for Heath's birthday, we changed our usernames to lines from Heath's movies. I chose "Whysoserious?"

Afterward, I combined the two, because I think they go well together. The pairing is sort of paradoxical, but it underlines the abovementioned theme.

To find my avatar, I always just look up "serious crayons" on google images and pick one I like. Once, for example, I had a crayon drawing of a BBM-like mountain scene. I particularly like my current one because, as I mentioned on the Halloween-costume thread, it's a picture made out of crayons. I don't mean a crayon drawing, but a photo of actual crayons.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 02:26:49 pm »
The name Buffymon predates my time here on Bettermost. It must have been back in 2002 or 2003 that I really got into Buffy the Vampire (the tv-series) and I registered on a Buffy forum. I just picked the first thing that came to mind - Buffy + Mon (the first three letters of my name) = Buffymon. Who could have guessed that seven years later I was still gonna go under that name! If someone called out Buffymon in the street, I would definately respond. Except for my facebook site, I always use the same name.

My avatars change regulary. Right now I have one of Jack from the Dozy Embrace scene. That scene has always had a special place in my heart because the way Jack feels when he watches Ennis ride off...I can really feel it and it´s almost as if I am there. I can feel the warmth from the fire, hear the wind through the threes.

I don´t have a sig line simply because I didn´t feel I had anything more to say at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 06:21:02 am by Buffymon »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 02:50:49 pm »
Mine is pretty obvious. David is my first name and "Indy" is a nickname for Indianapolis - the city I live in. The actor Ian Somerhalder appears in my avatar....

"You've got male" is a play on words basically, of the famous AOL sign-on greeting "You've Got Mail". And of course it's directed at Ian. ;)

The dogs and cats at the bottom don't really mean anything. I just thought they were kind of cute. And I love dogs and cats, I guess. 8)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 11:58:15 pm »
RouxB is the name of my car. It is red (ruby) but I wanted something more gender neutral. The enja part is short for ennis and jack.

Everything else changes. Did you fall for a shooting star is from one of my favorite songs, Drops of Jupiter, which is my Brokeback Mountain experience theme song. I incorporated the shooting stars in my Heath memorial tattoo. Heath and Jake are my stars and Heath I fell for hard hard hard.

Heathen

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 12:02:10 am »
oh, and the afro smiley was included with the cowboys just for me because it was in my sig line at IMDB

;D O0 ;D

Heathen

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 12:06:20 am »
RouxB is the name of my car. It is red (ruby) but I wanted something more gender neutral. The enja part is short for ennis and jack.

Everything else changes. Did you fall for a shooting star is from one of my favorite songs, Drops of Jupiter, which is my Brokeback Mountain experience theme song. I incorporated the shooting stars in my Heath memorial tattoo. Heath and Jake are my stars and Heath I fell for hard hard hard.

RouxB is a cute name for a car!

I name my cars too. I've had a Bertha. an Emma, an Olive, a Juanita....

My current car's name is Esther. lol

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 02:29:42 am »
I have had the good fortune to ride in RouxB's car several times.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 02:57:33 am »
I picked Penthesilea for IMDB, because I didn't want a name with an add-on, like numbers or whatever. So I wanted a rare name that was still free. Penthesilea even predates my BBM experience.
Penthesilea was the queen of the Amazons. It was also the nickname of a character in the British TV series Cracker.

My avatar has been Ennis from the beginning on. I'm an Ennis girl, can't help it. I had the same pic for more than four years. Two days ago I decided to take a variation of the pic for my avatar. I'm so spontaneous :laugh:.

My sigline is Heath because I'm a Heathen; and the horses remind me of Rich. I chose it last summer. After picking a new avatar, I think it's also time for a new signature.

Offline tforster

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 04:59:12 pm »
tforster

My first name is Tom.... and EM Forster is my favorite novelist.

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 06:06:01 am »
I would like to be able say my ID came from something really cool! Like I was inspired by this, or from my favorite author or something. Unfortunately saying something like that would be lying. Instead my names have just been things in the moment that have come to my head.