Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 599130 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #1080 on: December 22, 2006, 11:20:42 pm »
I know just what you mean, I love that little email notice  :)

So, what part are you on now in Shades?? I'm thinking of going back to re read it...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1081 on: December 23, 2006, 12:47:50 am »
I'm somewhere around chap 8-they just had the first, no-holds-barred mack attack. Ennis having found the gun on Jack and them making "mad" love. It's getting later and later and I still haven't started reading-I think because I know it'll be over tonight. It is such a contradictory thing with me-I hate to have stories end but timing is everything-can't drag it out forever.

I updated and re-sorted my fan fic excel sheet and I am actively reading 16 stories, have 8 that I fear are abandoned-a couple of which I really miss, and about 30 identified and in the wings.

I really need to throw in some reading that doesn't involve Ennis, Jack, Heath or Jake  :P

O0

Heathen

midwest-girl

« Reply #1082 on: December 23, 2006, 08:23:51 pm »
I just wanted to thank you all for your support and encouragement, that includes both new readers and those who were in on Shades from the beginning.  I could never have gotten through the weekly posting schedule if not for your enthusiasm.  Anyway, thanks again to *all* of you and I hope you have a great holiday season!  Amy

mvansand76

« Reply #1083 on: December 24, 2006, 06:21:10 am »
I just wanted to thank you all for your support and encouragement, that includes both new readers and those who were in on Shades from the beginning.  I could never have gotten through the weekly posting schedule if not for your enthusiasm.  Anyway, thanks again to *all* of you and I hope you have a great holiday season!  Amy

Thank YOU Amy for offering us the excitement of a new chapter every Thursday, not finding an update will be difficult to handle next Thursday... but I am so happy you gave Jack and Ennis their happy ending! Good luck with everything you are planning to write next!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1084 on: December 24, 2006, 12:02:14 pm »
I love that little email notice  :)

Me too  :)

And I adore your sig line, Mandy  :) That really choked me up when I read it for the first time

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1085 on: December 24, 2006, 12:04:41 pm »

I updated and re-sorted my fan fic excel sheet

OMG! That sounds so wonderfully organised! I don't have anything like that!  ;D It's all in my head! Wish I did though  :D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1086 on: December 24, 2006, 05:01:29 pm »
I'm saving the last chapter for tomorrow (Christmas). I'm planning on reading it once all the bedlam is over and everyone is gone. It's been killing me though. A few times I almost opened it up and read it.

Amy, I sure wish you would think about writing a sequel to this story. The characters are so believable. I have fallen in love with them and I hate to see this end.

Will you? Please?

Please? Please? Please?

I'll stop begging now. <blush>
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #1087 on: December 25, 2006, 04:37:54 am »
I'm saving the last chapter for tomorrow (Christmas). I'm planning on reading it once all the bedlam is over and everyone is gone. It's been killing me though. A few times I almost opened it up and read it.

Amy, I sure wish you would think about writing a sequel to this story. The characters are so believable. I have fallen in love with them and I hate to see this end.

Will you? Please?

Please? Please? Please?

I'll stop begging now. <blush>

I think she will find a way to write a sequel and if she doesn't, she will find a new story to write and we will like it just as much as SOG!

Did you already finish her first story, If I asked?

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #1088 on: December 25, 2006, 10:42:12 am »
Me too  :)

And I adore your sig line, Mandy  :) That really choked me up when I read it for the first time

Thanks, June! Me too... I had been waiting for the perfect quote to use from that story and as soon as I read that I knew that was it.  :)

I think I'm going to go back and re read If I asked... it's been a long time now and I remember when it wrapped up I thought that it would be nice to read the entire thing without having to wait between chapters. I'll probably do the same with Shades now.

Amy thank you so much for the wonderful stories you've given us  :-*
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #1089 on: January 06, 2007, 11:46:13 am »
OMG! That sounds so wonderfully organised! I don't have anything like that!  ;D It's all in my head! Wish I did though  :D

me too, junie!  (i.e. it's all in my head and i wish i was more organized!!)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger