Author Topic: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl  (Read 596837 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Shades of Grey by Midwest-girl
« Reply #1210 on: August 17, 2007, 05:22:12 pm »
OMG I can hardly contain myself!  I think I'm having heart palpitations ... you've all got me so excited now!  I can't wait to read it!   I've copied all 18 chapters onto a word document (more than 100 pages). 

I'm in the middle of reading something else, something very important to me, but it's next on my list.

Susie  

Well, please let us know how you liked it, okay Susie? Amy is an amazing witer, as you already know. And her descriptions of gay men (what we do, how we feel, our emotions, everything) is totally accurate. It was an amazing story.  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

retropian

« Reply #1211 on: June 18, 2009, 06:15:57 pm »
I'd like to read this fic. I loved Midwest-girls other fic "If I Asked" and thought I'd give this a go. I never got around to it because I guess I was a little uptight about AU/AU. I've since read a few of those and liked them alot. Unfortunately her livejournal account is gone, so I was wondering and hoping someone here may have saved in in a pdf or something and could email it to me.

Thanks. Ian

retropian

« Reply #1212 on: June 22, 2009, 09:46:24 pm »
Someone was kind enough to send me SOG, and I am sure glad they did! This is an amazingly well done well written story. I can't recommend it highly enough! I absolutely loved it, and I'll be rereading it soon I'm sure. I can see it as a movie easily.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1213 on: September 10, 2009, 12:31:39 pm »
Heya,
I was just browsing the fanfic section over at EJ and there's a lot of excitement in the SOG thread there about this story getting published!  Apparently, it will be published with the name "Shades of Gray" ("gray" with an "a" not an "e").  The author has posted over there about this a few times.

Very exciting! :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 01:55:01 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #1214 on: September 10, 2009, 12:39:15 pm »
Heya,
I was just browsing the fanfic section over at EJ and there's a lot of excitment in the SOG thread there about this story getting published!  Apparently, it will be published with the name "Shades of Gray" ("gray" with an "a" not an "e").  The author has posted over there about this a few times.

Very exciting! :)

yay! Great news.

would be cool if either Zero at the Bones or Shades of Gray could be turned into a movie.

retropian

« Reply #1215 on: September 11, 2009, 06:39:48 pm »
yay! Great news.

would be cool if either Zero at the Bones or Shades of Gray could be turned into a movie.

Spoilers

Yes! Too cool indeed. Both of these would make great films. Who to cast as the leads? In both stories they are in their mid-thirties, but the way they are written it seemed to me the Ennis character comes across as older, more experienced in the ways of the world, more cynical and emotionally shut down (that's our Eninis!) and the Jack character seems so much younger and naive. Someone once suggested Daniel Craig as Ennis, and I can see that in either of these stories. He'd be great as a G-Man or a Killer for hire. He can pull of that brooding intensity, it's his specialty. I can envision Brad Pitt in either roll as well, the buttoned down FBI agent, or nearly soulless killer(see Tyler Durden). I can't see who'd play Jack though. He's a Doctor in one story, but if he's made to be younger, maybe he'd be a med-student. Ennis strives to return Jacks life to normality so he can fulfill his dream of becoming a doctor. In the other story he's an expendable cog in a large drug smuggling operation and Ennis has to extract him from that and keep him alive to have a normal life. I just see the Jack character as being in his mid-twenties in either of these.  so the role should go to some young up and coming actor. But who?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1216 on: November 16, 2009, 07:33:40 pm »
It looks like Shades of Gray is out and getting good reviews.

To buy the book (ebook and paperback):

http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=167&products_id=1571

Two very good reviews:

http://www.rainbow-reviews.com/?p=1996

http://www.reviewsbyjessewave.com/?p=11205

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1217 on: November 17, 2009, 09:13:31 pm »
Thanks for the info Leslie! :)
I'll definitely look into getting a copy.

It looks like Shades of Gray is out and getting good reviews.

To buy the book (ebook and paperback):

http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=167&products_id=1571

Two very good reviews:

http://www.rainbow-reviews.com/?p=1996

http://www.reviewsbyjessewave.com/?p=11205

L
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1218 on: November 17, 2009, 09:14:56 pm »
Apparently people are loving this book...and you can say, "I knew it when..." LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

retropian

« Reply #1219 on: November 17, 2009, 09:27:43 pm »