Author Topic: Striking Out  (Read 188793 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Striking Out
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2013, 06:37:14 am »
Perhaps I need to wake at 4am and go to a rally every Tuesday.

:laugh:

I expected to be tired and bowl like crap on Tuesday, after rising at 4 to get the train to DC, spend the morning protesting, walking around DC, train ride home, and then attempting to bowl.  However, my first game was my average, and my two other games were both 20 pins above average.  ;D

The night for the team was a mixed bag.  We lost the first two games, but won the third game, and won that one by such a big spread that we even won wood.  Out of 7 possible points we won three, the other team four.

According to the standings last week, we moved up to the #4 team.  ;D  Not sure where we'll be after Tuesday's games, but we'll find out next week.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2013, 02:31:22 pm »
Yay Chuck and the Bearly Bowling team!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2013, 07:56:52 am »
After last week's mixed performance, we dropped down to #5, so that's not bad.

This week was a week better staying at home!  LOL  There were major text message issues between my team, and as a result, one bowler didn't show up, and the alternate didn't show up.   >:(  As a result we bowled one less person, and my last game was crap!  We lost all three games, and wood, so I'm sure we'll drop down even further for next week.

One bright note, next week is my week to do music, so I'm looking forward to that!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2013, 08:24:34 am »
Oh my!

The team we played yesterday is piiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssed!

We played the top team last night.  I assumed there was no way we'd be getting any winning points.  Well....Frank was out of town, so we has to use our alternate, Cristina.  She said she'd be there, no problem, and and we'd have our team of 3.

Ten minutes before I was leaving the house, Cristina texted me and said she couldn't make it.  Shit.  So when I got to the bowling alley, I talked to the league president, and he told me if any subs showed up, he'd put one on our team.  Before the game started, Keith was assigned to us.  I have no idea who he was, hadn't seen him before.

The highest score you can get bowling is a 300, his first game was a 280!  :o  Out of a possible 12 strikes, he got 11, and the one frame he missed was a spare!

I was in awe, to say the least!  The other team was pissed, to say the least!   :laugh:

On top of that, Pete (my other team mate) and I bowled over our averages, so the other team had to be perfect, plus extra, and they weren't.

We won all 7 points, and beat them by almost 300 pins.  :o

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2013, 10:41:47 am »
Wow, that's awesome, Chuck!  Wonder why this dude is just a sub if he plays that incredibly???
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2013, 11:03:32 am »
He says he doesn't like to bowl on leagues.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2013, 08:20:20 am »
Well, there are only 5 weeks left of the season, and then I'll have a normal bedtime on Tuesdays for a while!   :laugh:

After last week's victory we are back in 5th place, actually a tie for 5th, but we're listed ahead of the other team because we had more pinfall than they did.

Last night's game went well.  I bowled above average each game, and one game was a 165 for a score.  ;D

We won two of the three games, and took wood by 150 pins.  ;D  Here's to hoping we move up in the standings.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2013, 01:40:36 am »
Oh my!

The team we played yesterday is piiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssed!

[...]
 :laugh:We won all 7 points, and beat them by almost 300 pins.  :o

Lucky Strike for your team! Wow, only one strike from the perfect game. I'd be so impressed I'd probably kiss the undersite of his bowling shoes (eww, not really). ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2013, 08:44:13 am »
One more week down, and 4 to go to the end of the season.

;D

Last night was a mixed bag, we won one out of three games, but in the end the pin count was very close.

before last night's game my team was in 5th place overall, so I can't complain.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2013, 08:04:48 am »
Another week down to the end of the season.

;D

Last week's mixed results for my team didn't affect our standings, as we were in 5th place again last night.  I was a little worried when I got to the lanes, and saw we were playing one of the top teams last night, my initial thought was "please don't let us lose too badly."

Somehow, we won 2 of the three games, and took wood as well.

;D

The best part of the night was my first game, where I somehow managed to get a new personal league high of 182.  Sooooo close to that 200 game!