Author Topic: Another Deleted scene?  (Read 17293 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Another Deleted scene?
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 02:15:46 am »
For anyone interested in deleted scenes and outtakes, there's a post with lots of new pictures over at Wranglers. Apparently having to do with pics released in connection with the wardrobe E-bay sale.

It's HERE Don't miss it!

(And apologies if it's been posted or linked to already. I'm flying by in a hurry. Never enough time.)

Personally, I think the one with Jack and the swooning sheep on his lap is priceless. Seriously. Who wouldn't look just like that sheep under the circumstances?

-------

I remember that about them knowing the hippie scene wasn't going to be used while they were filming it. I think it possibly was in the Toronto press conference. At least I'm positive it was in an early interview with Jake and/or  Heath. I could search a bit, but not now. No time. Aaargggh.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:17:34 am by Mikaela »

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2006, 02:36:24 am »
For anyone interested in deleted scenes and outtakes, there's a post with lots of new pictures over at Wranglers. Apparently having to do with pics released in connection with the wardrobe E-bay sale.

It's HERE Don't miss it!

(And apologies if it's been posted or linked to already. I'm flying by in a hurry. Never enough time.)

Personally, I think the one with Jack and the swooning sheep on his lap is priceless. Seriously. Who wouldn't look just like that sheep under the circumstances?

-------

I remember that about them knowing the hippie scene wasn't going to be used while they were filming it. I think it possibly was in the Toronto press conference. At least I'm positive it was in an early interview with Jake and/or  Heath. I could search a bit, but not now. No time. Aaargggh.

Hot damn Mika, those pics are awsome!  Thanks for pointing them out to us!!!   :-* :-*

Jane
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 02:56:03 am by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2006, 08:31:33 am »
Thanks for the pictures, Mika!

Did you notice that there's one that looks like Jack in front of the sheep pen, after coming down from the mountain... but without the bruise? That's got to be a promo picture taken without the final makeup or something.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2006, 04:41:58 pm »
That's got to be a promo picture taken without the final makeup or something.

Guess so. Jake looks so good in it, no wonder a promo photographer wanted that pic! I figure the same has to be the case with the pic of him at the bar with Jimbo in the background.

:P

Several of the pics have obvious outtake quality - like a staff person's clipboard is visible, or some moviemaking equipment stands at the edge of the pic, or Ennis's horse is taking a dump. All of this seems to indicate that the most probable explanation for the mysterious blue "thing" in the pic of Ennis as the family plot is that one of the film crew is partly visible in the pic.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2006, 04:51:20 pm »
Returning to our friends the hippies for a moment......

I put the Toronto Press conference on in the background while typing up some stuff, and wouldn't you know - the hippies come up in the very last question! In which they discuss scenes that didn't make the cut..... and first James Schamus and then Jake mention the hippies. They say the scene was filmed, then Jake says there were some really really funny lines at the end of the scene. Then there's a lot of unintelligible whispering (probably Jake and Heath either trying to remember those lines, or discussing whether they would be wise to repeat them), and then Jake just dismisses it by saying it was really funny, but you had to have been there, so that's probably why the scene's not in the film.

They do not say that they knew, even while filming, that it wouldn't make it into the film.

It's just so annoying that I can't recall where I read or heard that, back when the film first premiered. I know I did! I'll browse through some of the film magazines, see if it's there. I'm on a mission now!

::)

(Not that I have an obsessive nature, far from it, not in the slightest...... why would anyone ever think that??  ;) )

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2006, 10:43:59 am »
Here's the long link (mentioned above) to all the new pictures:

http://community.livejournal.com/wranglers/1224415.html

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2008, 05:39:27 am »
A lot of the links are now broken, but it was still nice reading this thread.
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline LauraGigs

• My Design Portfolio
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2008, 11:26:19 am »
Yeah, it was kind of disappointing to go to that Wranglers page and see that every single picture had been  "moved or deleted".   I mean — not to be turdish or anything — but is it that hard to keep up a Photobucket account?  The basic ones are free.