Author Topic: Had never noticed before  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Had never noticed before
« on: October 12, 2006, 12:39:54 pm »
I was watching the movie the other night, and in all this time I had never noticed this: In the first tent sceen, when they are "going at it", Jack reaches around and grabbs Ennis's hand and holds it. Then we see the tent in the moon light, it sort of gives the coupling a bit of a different meaning, a bit of tenderness amids so much urgency.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
Re: Had never noticed before
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 12:51:06 pm »
And of course it stars with a lot of face touching and nuzzling.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 02:01:45 pm »
Oh, yes--the famous hand-holding. I first saw this detail on my DVD copy, and then only when specifically watching for it due to a friend's statement that she had seen it for herself.

Yes, it does add another dimension to the proceedings, coupled with (pun intended! ;D), as Mark has noted, the face-grabbing and caressing at the beginning of the scene. These two were falling in love at least as early as this moment.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 05:29:57 pm »
I was watching the movie the other night, and in all this time I had never noticed this: In the first tent sceen, when they are "going at it", Jack reaches around and grabbs Ennis's hand and holds it. Then we see the tent in the moon light, it sort of gives the coupling a bit of a different meaning, a bit of tenderness amids so much urgency.

I can believe you haven't noticed this in the movie before. It's easy to miss and I wouldn't have noticed it, if not other BetterMostians would have pointed it out.
But it's hard to believe you never noticed the discussions on this board about it   :o ;)

Here's a thread about it:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=615.0

Uhm, well, I just see that the last post on said thread is fom May, so it's quite a time ago.

You are right about the added tenderness. Their relationship is so far more than the sexual aspect. We all know it begins as a friendship. And their sexual relationship is more than just being lustful and seeking satisfaction/relief from the beginning on. Lustfulness may be the driving force at their first coupling (and neither our boys nor we mind it  ::)),  but it's more than that.

Off-topic sidenote:
This is my 500th post. Yay! I did half the way to the BetterMost 1000+ club  :)

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 01:43:14 am »
Yeah, I saw that the first time I saw the movie, and didn't think twice about it.  To me it was simply a very natural and normal thing for any two people in "the grip" of lovemaking... pun intended... LOL

:D

Rayn

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 02:06:28 am »
Thanks for reposting the old hand-holding thread!  Fun!  I remember how excited everyone was with all the new details like that... that somehow are easier to notice in the DVD.  Good times.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 01:49:09 pm »
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=535.0

this was our very first discussion on the matter. it does strike you when you first see it, doesn't it. it wasn't just animal lust happening, but there's an intimate connection that Jack was searching for in that hand grip.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Momof2

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • BLISS
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 02:55:47 pm »
I never thought of it as just sex.  I always felt that from the FNIT to the very end that they truly and deeply loved each other.  There are too many loving gestures.  The hand holding, face touching,  makes my heart skip a beat.
I wish I knew how to quit you.