Author Topic: "Some Sweet Life," "The Grieving Plain," and other "Zane Twist" fanfictions  (Read 121471 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: "All I Got and All I Want" by Jeff Wrangler
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2006, 01:36:07 pm »
del,
I thought from the first quote that you meant you keep trying to find a fic to read where he didn't end up dead, but from the second quote, am I understanding correctly that you're writing?
Would you consider posting a link one a these days?

I hope Del does, but over in our fanfic forum? That is where we are trying to get the good fanfic discussions going...

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2006, 02:26:18 pm »
Fernly and Maine,

Yes, I am a beta for other slash writers and I do write my own slash.

Unfortunately, EVERYthing I write is a WIP (work in progress) and it stays that way because I never finish.  Hence, no links because there is nothing completed, just a few hundred pages here and there on different story ideas and then it just stops.  :(

Someday, I will break through my block - others have suggested it's a psychological block.  I've been told my entire life by teachers, professors and other writers and friends how talented I am at writing.  If I actually finished anything I'd have to submit it for review/publication and apparently, mentally, I have this fear of failing so I probably never will.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2006, 01:53:52 pm »
I just finished reading "All I got and All I Want."  I love, love, love it!  So very romantic!  I am breathlessly awaiting the next chapter.   :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2006, 02:26:34 pm »
Hi Jeff

Really liked "All I Got and Alll I Want". Look forwaes to the rest.

Mark

Thanks, Mark! Glad you enjoyed it. ~J.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2006, 02:28:33 pm »
I just finished reading "All I got and All I Want."  I love, love, love it!  So very romantic!  I am breathlessly awaiting the next chapter.   :)

Thank you most kindly! I'm kinda partial to writin' dozy embrace-type stuff. ...

More will be coming as my time permits, and, as we all know, there is never enough time. ...  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2006, 03:25:15 pm »
Thank you most kindly! I'm kinda partial to writin' dozy embrace-type stuff. ...

More will be coming as my time permits, and, as we all know, there is never enough time. ...  :-\

Yes, I know what you mean.  I've always had the notion that Jack feels so loved and secure in Ennis' arms that he almost becomes hypnotized, is able to sleep peacefully like a baby.  You illustrated it perfectly for me!  :)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2006, 03:51:15 pm »
Yes, I know what you mean.  I've always had the notion that Jack feels so loved and secure in Ennis' arms that he almost becomes hypnotized, is able to sleep peacefully like a baby.  You illustrated it perfectly for me!  :)

Aw, thanks! You just made my day.  :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2006, 05:22:39 pm »
I hope Del does, but over in our fanfic forum? That is where we are trying to get the good fanfic discussions going...

Leslie

Great idea, Leslie.  I'll move this thread over to the fanfic forum, and post a note that it was moved.  Clarissa

Offline jessiwrite

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2006, 06:52:06 pm »
Heh.  True fic fans will hang on.  Not sure if they'd hang on 20 years though.  :P

EDITED TO ADD:  I keep trying Jack/Ennis slashfic in alternate universe, but the Jack character always ends up dead.  I guess in my mind there can never be a happy ending for those two no matter who or where they are.  :(

My reasoning in reading AU is so he won't die. lol

I have what seems a pretty stupid question.  Since Jack and Ennis are lovers, there is no way they are out of character by anyone's standards when they have sex, well, why do we say BBM slash instead of just BBM fanfic, is there a purpose for it?  Is there another kind of BBM fanfic.  The slash there always throws me.  Hm, sounds reduntant. lol.

... not nobody when in somebody's arms,  ain’t nowhere if somewhere with him.
My man who nothin ever came t’is hand the way he wanted.
‘Cause all he ever wanted was me.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2006, 08:49:17 pm »
My reasoning in reading AU is so he won't die. lol

I have what seems a pretty stupid question.  Since Jack and Ennis are lovers, there is no way they are out of character by anyone's standards when they have sex, well, why do we say BBM slash instead of just BBM fanfic, is there a purpose for it?  Is there another kind of BBM fanfic.  The slash there always throws me.  Hm, sounds reduntant. lol.

Good point. ...

I guess I don't think of my stories as "slash" because I don't seem to be able to write them having sex (not counting the Annie Proulx-style sex in "The Cabin") because it would be too much like telling the secrets of two friends I love very much. How freakin' ridiculous is that?  :-\