Author Topic: DVD review about the extra features and some more  (Read 2445 times)

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
DVD review about the extra features and some more
« on: April 04, 2006, 09:55:03 pm »
OK, so this article whines about the scarceness of the bonus material, and I kinda agree with most of the points. LOL, mostly the comments on Heath and Jake.

Check out what they said about Jake:

"...at only 25, has got to be one of the most beguiling performers in motion picture history; seriously, you can imagine leaving Clooney for this man. Clooney!)

Hee-hee, George, sexiest man 1997, did you read that?

Here's the link:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/features/lifestyle/sfl-lidvdbrokebackapr04,0,6354016.story?coll=sfla-features-headlines
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: DVD review about the extra features and some more
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 12:24:07 pm »
Thanks for posting that absolutely dead-on review, Moni--I agree with every word. Ms. Flowers has been posted here before, and she's definitely our kinda people.
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 02:44:53 pm »
Well,  James Cameron did the same thing with Titanic.   He rushed out a VHS version of the movie just in time for Christmas.  Then a year or more later, he released a DVD with bonus features and deleted scenes.   He was no fool.  He knew the fans would buy both!    Why make $100 in DVD sales when you can do it all again a year later when the BBM directors cut is out?    :P

Its called impulse buyer induced marketing.   And it works.   >:D

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 03:02:13 pm »
Can I be honest?  I watched the special features yesterday and I thought they were PERFECT on this INITIAL DVD release.  I loved them.  I did.  And I thought it was the perfect amount of 'information' to give about the film to all the newbies who are seeing it for the first time on DVD.  It's essentially the same info we all had when we saw it in the theatres.  Let the hype continue to build from this and then re-release it later with all the good stuff.  I really enjoyed the featurettes.  I did.  :)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 03:06:46 pm »
Hi sfericsf,

Oh I liked those features too.  But I liked them when I saw them months ago on various TV specials.     They are nice, just not new.

Anybody find any hidden Easter Eggs?   or do you think they exist at all?

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 03:17:23 pm »
I've been looking, but I am itching to see those deleted scenes.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich