Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1111122 times)

Offline Corax

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #1320 on: October 26, 2017, 06:29:57 am »
Just came across this thread. I'm impressed that this low budget German movie ist known well outside Germany...

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1321 on: October 28, 2017, 07:24:03 pm »
Just came across this thread. I'm impressed that this low budget German movie ist known well outside Germany...

It's a really great film!  V.
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline Corax

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #1322 on: October 29, 2017, 07:24:09 am »
Yes it is!

Offline Val

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1323 on: November 03, 2017, 10:03:27 pm »
It is expected that the film will be released in 2018. Until then the fans do what they can to fill the need to know how this beautiful story continues.
Who appreciates fanfics I invite you to read this one: https://archiveofourown.org/works/11911302

The author updates the story almost daily and you need to know how she develops the story keeping the characters' characteristics as in the movie and creating conflict situations that hold our breath because they are very realistic. Please take the time to read and you will not regret it.
If you want, you can write here what you found in the text. Whether I'm right or not. I'm excited about this fanfic!!!

Val.

Offline Emma

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1324 on: December 13, 2017, 06:00:56 pm »
Hi there,

I guess I just registered here because I was amazed by your Free Fall discussion. I watched it a few months ago and kinda lost track until I stumbled upon the movie a few days ago. I can't stop watching it and reading about it ever since. I have now read this whole thread and just have to watch Free Fall again to check for all the nuances I seem to have missed. Moreover you already have me convinced I need to buy the DVD for the bonus scenes!
I'm wondering if there are still people here who want to discuss Free Fall - and how the sequel might play out?

Hope to hear from you - otherwise I might just have to talk to myself.

Emma

Offline Emma

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1325 on: December 13, 2017, 07:21:46 pm »
Oh my, I have quite a lot of remarks and questions. I apologize in advance if those have all been already discussed here. Although I have read through the thread, I may very well have missed something.

First: It seems odd to me that in the very first scene, Marc tries to catch up to Kay - I mean he must know he is not the best runner, so why use up all your stamina trying to be the fastest?

Then, regarding the following scenes at the „academy“: Why is Marc so violent towards Kay - there had been no reason for this up until now? They practice these police things (attacks, something like that - well I don’t know much about it), and the violence in that scene is the reason why they have to meet with their boss. I’m thinking maybe something happened before the film, or least we could imagine something going on between them which provoked these scenes?

Maybe I’m just reading too much into this film…

The scene after the first sex: Kay says „Schön war’s.“ and somebody here translated it to „It was beautiful.“ whereas the original subtitle says „It was nice.“. For me, „It was beautiful“ doesn’t quite meet what Kay was saying. I mean, word-wise (I don’t know a better expression) it does. But the tone for me wasn’t as romantic, so „I liked that.“ would be my suggestion. Any opinions on that?

I guess there’s more questions to come.

Best, E

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1326 on: December 26, 2017, 06:09:22 pm »
First: It seems odd to me that in the very first scene, Marc tries to catch up to Kay - I mean he must know he is not the best runner, so why use up all your stamina trying to be the fastest?

Then, regarding the following scenes at the „academy“: Why is Marc so violent towards Kay - there had been no reason for this up until now? They practice these police things (attacks, something like that - well I don’t know much about it), and the violence in that scene is the reason why they have to meet with their boss. I’m thinking maybe something happened before the film, or least we could imagine something going on between them which provoked these scenes?

Best, E

I read that as simply Marc trying to be friendly to the "new guy" or even perhaps push him a bit.

I read the 2nd setup ... having a bit trouble recalling.. do you have a time mark?  I'm guessing that some of the anger is Marc realizing he may be attracted to Kay or there's something more there and he's pushing back in the only way he knows. 

V.
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1327 on: December 30, 2017, 12:15:44 pm »
Hi Vincent,
I think the scene Emma is referring to is near the beginning when they're practicing as a group, and Marc pushes Kay to the ground.  There really isn't much explanation for it, other than the fact that Kay is faster than Marc in running, maybe Marc's way of putting him down, so to speak.  

It's also after Kay is still in bed when Marc is leaving their room, and Kay says something about the early bird catching the worm.  Maybe Marc took offense to that.  I don't think he was attracted to Kay at that time.  Opinions/comments?  Still things to talk about with this movie.

"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline Val

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1328 on: December 30, 2017, 10:08:36 pm »
Sorry, I'm not an English speaker, but I would like to participate.

I think at that moment Marc was already attracted to Kay, but he still did not understand it. I understand: when Kay was around he felt threatened and thought that this threat was due to Kay's physical superiority, but in fact the threat was the attraction he was beginning to feel for him.

I hope you understand what I wrote.

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1329 on: December 30, 2017, 11:05:05 pm »
Hi Val,
I understood what you wrote, and you make a valid point.  Marc may have been attracted to Kay from the start.
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."