Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101339 times)

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2014, 05:12:07 pm »
I want to see and hear it in German, though!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2014, 10:15:52 am »
I almost feel like I've seen it with all the pics that you've posted!  ;)

Oh dear.  It was never my intention to have these pictures replace the viewing of the film.  Do the screen caps of the Brokeback reunion capture that scene?  Not at all.  Only the visual, not the visceral. I hope it doesn’t prevent you from watching.  
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2014, 10:20:47 am »
I want to see and hear it in German, though!

It would be interesting to know how good (or bad) the English subtitles are.  Like Brokeback, there isn't a lot of dialogue.  There are 2 scenes that really make me wish I understood German, so I could know exactly what was said.  You could probably download it from Amazon.de without the subtitles.

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2014, 04:06:42 pm »
Yeah, but I've never ordered a movie that way before online (just DVD's and such), and I'm a bit leery of doing so.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2014, 04:40:47 pm »
I don't know why I said "download".  You can rent it and watch it immediately on your computer or on your TV if you have a Roku or other streaming device.

After I rented it, I liked it so much I bought the Instant Video for $9.99.  It puts it in your Amazon Video Library and it's always available for you to watch, but you don't have to download anything.

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2014, 10:01:43 pm »
I have no idea what a Roku is.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2014, 08:26:47 am »
Oh dear.  It was never my intention to have these pictures replace the viewing of the film.  Do the screen caps of the Brokeback reunion capture that scene?  Not at all.  Only the visual, not the visceral. I hope it doesn’t prevent you from watching. 

Trust me, it won't.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline morrobay

« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2014, 09:09:16 am »
I have no idea what a Roku is.

Roku is a little box about 4” by 4” that connects to your TV and wi-fi.  It has its own remote control, and allows you to access Amazon, Hulu, Netflix and lots of other viewing sites through your TV.  I bought mine about a year ago.  It’s $50 and there are no additional monthly fees; although some of the sites that are available through the Roku do charge, you don’t have to use them.  It’s great, especially if you use Netflix or Amazon to rent movies.

So if you rent or buy a movie on Amazon or Netflix, you can stream it through the Roku and watch it on your TV, just use the remote that comes with it to access Amazon or Netflix.  So you’re not tied to watching it on your PC, or waiting for a DVD to come in the mail.

I am not tech-savvy at all, but I got it set up pretty fast.  To access the Roku, all you do is switch the mode on your TV remote from TV to AV and it instantly brings up the Roku menu; then you use the Roku remote to choose the channel, and that’s it.

My sister recommended it to me, and I didn't want to be bothered at first.  But it's really easy to set up and use.  I like the fact that the Roku remote only has a few buttons, nothing like a TV remote.  And it beats watching movies on my PC. 

Offline morrobay

« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2014, 09:10:37 am »

Offline morrobay

« Reply #119 on: April 13, 2014, 10:28:08 am »