Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101495 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2014, 10:40:48 am »
You said you were hoping for a Freier Fall 2 (me, too!) - have you read or heard any talk about it in the German press?  That would be so great!
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2014, 12:13:53 pm »
Mariska, I have another translation question.  After the karate class when they're in line to put the equipment away, Britt and Kay agree to meet in the canteen - but again the subtitles don't "sound" right. 

She says "do you want to meet in the canteen?"  Kay replies "Sure", then the subtitles read "Okay, see you in a bit".  but they each say the same word to each other, in agreement to meet in the canteen.  The only way I can describe it is to say what it sounds like, phonetically, in English, which is "stretch".  Sorry, it's embarrassing to rely on phonetics.

can you translate?

Offline morrobay

« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2014, 12:17:10 pm »
Mods, I have to say that I love the banner on the home page!  Thanks so much for bringing this great movie to everyone's attention.

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2014, 02:46:52 pm »
I saw for the first time today Free Fall and I must say I was very surprised. I liked it a lot. Especially the hot love scene in the rain with the car in the backround. Let just say it has given the car guide rail a new meaning.  :)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4BeOUAsHgQ[/youtube]

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2014, 02:58:34 pm »
CellarDweller: Thank you! I guess I'm the only Dutch person here  :).

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2014, 03:28:35 pm »
Butlers Fantasy: i can't see any of your postings when  I'm logged in. To see/read them, i have to log out en then log in again to answer. Any idea what I did wrong?

To answer your translation question: to be sure I wachted that scene again. Britt says: will I meet you in the canteen? Kay: yes, sure. Britt: then i'll see you there.
And then they say to eachother: bis gleich (no not stretch, haha).
The literal translation is: till soon (so something like see you soon or see you later).

If you have any further questions about translation, please ask. It gives me a good excuse  to watch (part of) the movie AGAIN.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2014, 03:45:31 pm »
Your question about a sequal: no I'm sorry, i didn't hear/read anything about it. I know many people would like a second part.

But.......the DVD contains in the extra's the movie with audio comments from director and Hanno and Max.
And during the last scene (Marc running alone) they were talking about the open end. And Stephan Lacant said: it makes you wanting a second part. In about 5 years freier fall 2. And then they all laughed.

I don't know if it was a joke or not (hope not).
But I don't want to wait 5 years, I want it NOW!

Offline morrobay

« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2014, 05:34:57 pm »
Butlers Fantasy: i can't see any of your postings when  I'm logged in. To see/read them, i have to log out en then log in again to answer. Any idea what I did wrong?

That is strange.  Not sure what happened.  You have to be logged in to reply, but you should be able to read the thread at any time.  Maybe someone else here can help?

To answer your translation question: to be sure I wachted that scene again. Britt says: will I meet you in the canteen? Kay: yes, sure. Britt: then i'll see you there.
And then they say to eachother: bis gleich (no not stretch, haha).
The literal translation is: till soon (so something like see you soon or see you later).

If you have any further questions about translation, please ask. It gives me a good excuse  to watch (part of) the movie AGAIN.

Thank you for the translation.  When I put "bis gleich" into google translate, it came up "to equal", so that's no help, it's so nice of you to offer to help me understand.  Please don't ever apologize for your English!  It's excellent, and as you can see, my knowledge of German is non-existent! 

Offline morrobay

« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2014, 05:41:49 pm »
Your question about a sequal: no I'm sorry, i didn't hear/read anything about it. I know many people would like a second part.

But.......the DVD contains in the extra's the movie with audio comments from director and Hanno and Max.
And during the last scene (Marc running alone) they were talking about the open end. And Stephan Lacant said: it makes you wanting a second part. In about 5 years freier fall 2. And then they all laughed.

I don't know if it was a joke or not (hope not).
But I don't want to wait 5 years, I want it NOW!

Ah, I don't have the DVD, I watch it on Amazon.  So that is good to know about the extras, maybe I'll buy the DVD.  But I'll need you to translate for me!  Just kidding.  

I hope they weren't joking about a sequel!  I have had this in my Netflix queue since last summer (I don't even belong to Netflix any more), long before it was released, so I've waited a long time for the first one, I guess I could wait for part 2.

Thanks so much, I'm very glad you found this place and decided to post, it's nice talking to you.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2014, 06:02:47 pm »
Thank you very much, it is not excellent (the english)  but the main thing is you can understand me.
I learned German at school. And Germany and the Netherlands are neighbour countries, so that's why I speak German.

About the article in which Max says he likes pain: in his spare time he likes sports like boxing. It keeps him humble (something like that).
I think that makes sense.