Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101212 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2014, 08:44:20 am »
Hi everyone,

if you interested in seeing the movie this link can give you an option. Search for Free Fall, you can see the movie with subtitle.

http://www.primewire.ag/

Thanks Sophia!  I'll check it out this weekend.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2014, 10:06:25 am »
Hi, I had to watch that scene again because I couldn't remember that Kay said anything. But he did.In English itwould be like: for me it is not.........too. I think he wanted to say easy but he could not finish the sentence. The word easy is in german the last word of that sentence. Literally translated he said: for me it is also not.........and then marc hits him  :'(

Hi Mariska,
thanks so much.  So the sub is correct.  If you watch the video that Sophia posted a few pages back, the subs of that scene, starting when Marc is at the car door, are different from what is on the movie that I bought on Amazon.

As for watching it so often and still seeing/hearing new things: yes, I have seen it many, many times and still pick up new things.  I did a volume boost for my laptop speakers, and I can hear now even their breathing in scenes where I never heard it before.  When Kay tells Marc he loves him, his breathing is very fast and ragged, almost as if he's been running; his emotion comes through so clear.

Thanks again for your help.  For a movie that I love like this one, it's so great to know their exact words.  And I wonder why it's so hard to get subtitles correct, as literal as possible.  I'd like to have a word with whoever translated "schön" into "nice"  >:(

ETA: ok, so I got this on google translate.  I guess schön has many definitions - I just wish they had chosen the first one.

schön  beautiful, nice, lovely, pretty, good, fine
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2014, 10:45:15 am »
Hi BF, you're right,  the words nice and beautifull have a totally different emotional charge, especially in this context.

Sometimes is different to translate literally. Like "bis gleich" = "till soon". But you don't say it like this in English.

By the way, did you see the interview with Max speaking English? This was right after Napola. If you did not, you can find it on youtube. It's cute  ;).

Offline morrobay

« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2014, 10:54:14 am »
I just saw the youtube of the Max interview, you're right - he's adorable!  

I wonder if he would ever make a Hollywood film.  That would be fantastic; I think he's just so good.  And, you know, gorgeous  ;)

Offline morrobay

« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2014, 01:14:21 pm »

Be careful about using sites like this.  Most are probably safe, but I know some have spyware/malware that could affect your computer.  Safer to pay the $4 to Amazon.

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2014, 04:16:06 pm »

Yeah, I want to check it out too. I hope the German track is an option.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2014, 04:17:57 pm »
"Bis gleich" is a common way of "see you soon".

"Bald" means soon, "gleich" is also soon in this context but more urgent, and "sofort" is immediately.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2014, 04:28:42 pm »
Yeah, I want to check it out too. I hope the German track is an option.

It's only in German. 

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2014, 05:00:11 pm »
SPOILERS!! Don't read if you haven't seen the movie yet.

BF, regarding details, did you notice this one: right after the first bowling hall scene, Marc is packing his bag for the training. When he is putting his sneakers in the bag, he stares at them for a few moments. Well, at that moment he thought of Kay.
I didn't notice this at all, it was told in the audio comments. Did you?

Another one I noticed but I don't know if my interpretation is right.
I several reviews I read that people thougt it was not oke that Kay puts his hand in marc's pants, sort of sexual abuse or something like that (the scene in the wood).
But did you see what Marc did just before that moment? If you did, I'm curious what you think about that.

In the audio comments it was interesting to hear the vision of the director and the actors about the scenes. Every little thing had a meaning (like the sneakers, to let the viewers know that Kay was in his mind for a moment).

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2014, 05:14:37 pm »
SPOILERS!

One question: after the colleaguees found out about Kay, there was a scene in a police van. Everyone looked very seriously.  Was Britt crying or not?

By the way, did you know that there was an alternative ending? That Kay took his life?
When Marc came into Kay's empty appartment, I thought for a moment: please no.
But fortunately they didn't do that.