Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101297 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2014, 05:15:44 pm »
YES!  I did see him look at his running shoes and knew he was thinking of Kay.  I posted about it many pages back, when I was talking to myself here!  :)

About the scene in the forest, I have read 2 interviews who looked at it that way, one actually called it rape, which I think is ridiculous.  The scene before that Marc is lifting weights - he is more than capable of getting away from Kay if he wanted to, he was not overpowered.  And he was kissing him back and had his arms around him - you know he's fighting it, but you also know he really wants it.

I'm not sure about what Marc did right before that.  I thought maybe he was trying to move Kay's hands away, is that it?
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2014, 05:18:02 pm »
SPOILERS!

One question: after the colleaguees found out about Kay, there was a scene in a police van. Everyone looked very seriously.  Was Britt crying or not?

By the way, did you know that there was an alternative ending? That Kay took his life?
When Marc came into Kay's empty appartment, I thought for a moment: please no.
But fortunately they didn't do that.

NO!  I didn't know there was an alternate ending, thank GOD they didn't use it!  That would have been truly disturbing.

I don't think Britt is crying, but i'll check it next time.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2014, 05:25:29 pm »

But did you see what Marc did just before that moment? If you did, I'm curious what you think about that.

In the audio comments it was interesting to hear the vision of the director and the actors about the scenes. Every little thing had a meaning (like the sneakers, to let the viewers know that Kay was in his mind for a moment).

Yes, so many small things had meaning.  Did you see the smile on Marc's face when he answers his phone?  When he makes breakfast for Bettina and she tells him to answer it.  So sweet.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2014, 05:34:49 pm »
You know, I've seen it so many times that I'm starting to see editing errors, and it's annoying.  Probably the worst is in Kay's apartment when they're having the argument. 

it goes from this

Offline morrobay

« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2014, 05:35:40 pm »
immediately to this (sorry, I couldn't find this one in color)

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2014, 05:39:49 pm »
It's only in German. 

Ah, good. Thanks!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2014, 05:49:13 pm »
The scene in the forest: well, what Marc did with his arm, I thought it was meant as an invitation for Kay to do what he did. I had not the impression that marc was pushing him away (in fact what I thought is the opposite). But again, I could be wrong about that.
I agree with you that harassment is ridiculous. In one review someone said that Marc had given no signals to Kay that he was attracted to him. Well, that person missed a lot. I guess not everyone picks up non-verbal signals.

Good that you noticed the sneakers. I have to read back your earlier posts again to see what more I missed  ;).

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2014, 06:03:53 pm »
Marcs smile  when he was on the phone: yes I noticed. Marc picked up the phone en then it took a little while before he smiled and said: I can't talk right now. Who knows what Kay said to him that made him smile. We will never know.

In the audio version max and hanno had a discussion why Marc didn't say immediately that he couldn't talk right now. That was funny.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2014, 06:12:10 pm »
oh my GOD, I wish someone else would watch this movie so I could discuss.  I'm starting to pick it apart like BBM.  

Now I think when Marc is making breakfast for his gf and gets the call from Kay, he smiles, not just because it's Kay, but because of what Kay (possibly) says, something fantastic about their first fuck, or how he can't wait for more, or something.

entschuldigen Sie mich

Now I want to learn German, and that makes no sense.

I posted this back in March, talking about the same thing.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2014, 06:19:21 pm »
About Max and Hollywood. That would be great. He is gorgeous and a great actor, so why not? He certainly deserves it. I think the american people would love heiter bis wolkig. Great story, funny and sad at the same time and max and his female collegue are great in it.