Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101790 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #230 on: May 03, 2014, 06:05:18 pm »
V., thanks for your analysis, great.
And you are so wright about Kay beeing the one who controls everything. In an interview I read that Kay was supposed to be the guy having control, I will look for that interview and post it here.

BF, about the scene in the woods and Marcs arm: I agree with V. (earlier I wrote that I thought it was an invitation, Marc leads Kays hand to his pants). In the beginning of that scene Marc opposed en pushed Kay away, but then he surrendered himself, was not able anymore to resist Kay.
ro
About the car/rain scene: you are right, amused is the word I was looking for. Kay looked amused.

Two scenes I have thinking about a lot:
Marc alone in the bar. When I watched the movie the first time, I thought Marc wanted to investigate his gay feelings by having sexual contact with another guy.  
But I think you are right BF, he was trying to recreate his time with Kay. That's why he does exact the same things: dancing, taking drugs, the bathroom.
And maybe that's the moment he realizes it was not just sex with Kay, he found out that Kay was not exchangeable for just another guy.
In the audio comments they didn't say anything about the reason Marc went to the gay bar. But Max and Hanno made a joke. During the scene Marc was in the bathroom with the other guy, Max said: that was difficult for you, wasn't it Hanno? With someone else. Hanno said: I missed you, you can see that. Then both laughed and Hanno said: no, that was really terrible.
But I think this was more about Max/Hanno then Kay/Marc because both actors are clear about the fact that they only wanted to do this movie with each other.

Ah, Mariska, good to hear from you, about Vincent's take on the movie!  I'll follow up on your comments.   :)
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #231 on: May 03, 2014, 06:20:12 pm »
SPOILERS!

V., thanks for your analysis, great.
And you are so wright about Kay beeing the one who controls everything. In an interview I read that Kay was supposed to be the guy having control, I will look for that interview and post it here.

Hi Mariska!  So glad to see you here.

Kay definitely comes across as the one in charge.  Marc is just following his lead.

BF, about the scene in the woods and Marcs arm: I agree with V. (earlier I wrote that I thought it was an invitation, Marc leads Kays hand to his pants). In the beginning of that scene Marc opposed en pushed Kay away, but then he surrendered himself, was not able anymore to resist Kay.

Yeah, I hear what you both are saying, but haven't been able to see it in the movie yet.  As difficult as it is to keep watching that scene over and over, I'll keep at it  :)

About the car/rain scene: you are right, amused is the word I was looking for. Kay looked amused.

Ok, so we agree on this, good.  Yes, I love the look on Kay's face.

Two scenes I have thinking about a lot:
Marc alone in the bar. When I watched the movie the first time, I thought Marc wanted to investigate his gay feelings by having sexual contact with another guy.  
But I think you are right BF, he was trying to recreate his time with Kay. That's why he does exact the same things: dancing, taking drugs, the bathroom.
And maybe that's the moment he realizes it was not just sex with Kay, he found out that Kay was not exchangeable for just another guy.

Yes, exactly right.  Kay is not interchangeable with just another guy.  Which makes me think that he is right when he says he's not gay, it was only Kay.

In the audio comments they didn't say anything about the reason Marc went to the gay bar. But Max and Hanno made a joke. During the scene Marc was in the bathroom with the other guy, Max said: that was difficult for you, wasn't it Hanno? With someone else. Hanno said: I missed you, you can see that. Then both laughed and Hanno said: no, that was really terrible.

I think it's so emotional on the viewer, this. 
But I think this was more about Max/Hanno then Kay/Marc because both actors are clear about the fact that they only wanted to do this movie with each other.
Interesting, the actors comments, and thank you for translating and posting them here.  That was a difficult scene to watch, really, for Marc.  So many emotions going through his head.  It's exactly as you said: Kay is not interchangeable with another guy.  Great comment.

It's hard enough when you're in love, but to have it doubled and exaggerated by the same-sex thing - Scheiße  

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #232 on: May 03, 2014, 06:37:24 pm »
SPOILERS!

The second scene I thought about is the scene with that Gregor guy. Why did Marc provoke him and why did he let Gregor abuse him?
The first time I thought: why don't you hit him back and hit him really hard for what he did to Kay en what he is doing to you now?
But from the first moment I had the feeling that Marc was mentally the strongest in that scene. Remember wat Gregor said after he hit him: what are you laughing now?
He had no grip on Marc and that made Gregor even angrier.

I think Marc accepted his feelings for Kay, accepted the fact that he fell for another man and did not want to hide this side of him anymore. Like: this is me, whether you like it or not.
And it was like he was making something up to Kay by no longer denying what they had together.
And it may sound rediculous, but when Marc said to Gregor: Is that all you've got? PUSSY, that was for me the most emotional moment of the movie.
He said Kay's word, pussy. And the way he said it, I can't explain why, but for me this made Kay so present. Really, I cried my eyes out.

No, I dont think it had something to do with self-punishment. I think Marc was no langer ashamed and able to stand up for himself.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #233 on: May 03, 2014, 06:47:01 pm »
And it was like he was making something up to Kay by no longer denying what they had together.
And it may sound rediculous, but when Marc said to Gregor: Is that all you've got? PUSSY, that was for me the most emotional moment of the movie.
He said Kay's word, pussy. And the way he said it, I can't explain why, but for me this made Kay so present. Really, I cried my eyes out.

No, I dont think it had something to do with self-punishment. I think Marc was no langer ashamed and able to stand up for himself.

No No No, it doesn't sound ridiculous!  You are 100% right!  He admits to Gregor, a known homophobe, that he has been with Kay.  When Marc says to Gregor "pussy", he is remembering everything about Kay, and what he learned from him.  It's an extremely emotional scene.  He is drawing strength from Kay, what he learned from him - very very emotional.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #234 on: May 03, 2014, 09:46:26 pm »
Yeah, I guess I'll have to break down and subscribe to one of the services. Does Amazon sell a DVD that's playable in North America?

Yes, Fritz.  Mine is on its way!

Offline morrobay

« Reply #235 on: May 04, 2014, 12:26:49 am »
I ordered the DVD so I could have the extras.  But you do know that you can rent it on Amazon and watch it immediately, right?  If you don't want to buy it, you can rent it, watch it now, not wait, and buy it later if you want to.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #236 on: May 04, 2014, 10:50:45 am »

Offline morrobay

« Reply #237 on: May 04, 2014, 10:51:56 am »