Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1110633 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #300 on: May 09, 2014, 10:48:52 am »
New movie for Hanno.  Not sure if the title is right, I got it from translate.

Shooting begins on "Special gravity of guilt" in Dormagen (from left): Hanno Koffler, Producer Tim Rostock, Kaspar Heidel Bach (Director), Hans-Martin Stier, Götz George, Thomas Thieme, Angelika Bartsch, Wilfried Hochholdinger, Anna Fischer.

http://www.rp-online.de/nrw/staedte/dormagen/goetz-george-dreht-film-im-malerviertel-aid-1.4219501
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #301 on: May 09, 2014, 12:21:15 pm »
I got an idea of what they're talking about via Google translate: if Hanno wins, it would be an upset over the "favorite" Dieter Hallervorden?

Dafür begegnet einem bei den Herren allen Ernstes Dieter Hallervorden als greiser Marathonläufer („Sein letztes Rennen“) – man sollte es dann nicht für einen Scherz der Showautoren halten, wenn er statt Hanno Koffler („Freier Fall“) oder Sascha Alexander Gersak („5 Jahre Leben“) mit einer Lola nach Hause ginge.

Hi Nancy  ;),

I am not sure what they talking about. I put it in Dutch translater but I still don't understand.
Maybe one of the German people here can help?

However, I hope Hanno wins, he deserves it.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #302 on: May 09, 2014, 12:31:18 pm »
Even though I haven't seen any of the other movies or actors, I think he should win, too.   :)   He really was excellent, so much emotion.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #303 on: May 09, 2014, 01:27:30 pm »
goofy  ;D

Offline morrobay

« Reply #304 on: May 09, 2014, 01:29:38 pm »

Offline morrobay

« Reply #305 on: May 09, 2014, 01:34:38 pm »
Hanno Koffler - Deutscher Filmpreis 2015 nominees night at 40Seconds Club - Arrivals - Berlin, Germany - Saturday 26th April 2014

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #306 on: May 09, 2014, 02:37:49 pm »
I got an idea of what they're talking about via Google translate: if Hanno wins, it would be an upset over the "favorite" Dieter Hallervorden?

Dafür begegnet einem bei den Herren allen Ernstes Dieter Hallervorden als greiser Marathonläufer („Sein letztes Rennen“) – man sollte es dann nicht für einen Scherz der Showautoren halten, wenn er statt Hanno Koffler („Freier Fall“) oder Sascha Alexander Gersak („5 Jahre Leben“) mit einer Lola nach Hause ginge.

Hi Nancy  ;),

I am not sure what they talking about. I put it in Dutch translater but I still don't understand.
Maybe one of the German people here can help?

However, I hope Hanno wins, he deserves it.

I found the complete article in the FAZ. It has a holier-than-you attitude and tries to be sarcastic. It badmouthes the Lola-Show and the awards as a whole.
The above mentioned is rather meant the other way 'round: it's ridiculous that Dieter Hallervorden is even nominated and thus would be a bad joke if Hallervorden won the award instead of Koffler.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #307 on: May 09, 2014, 02:45:14 pm »
New movie for Hanno.  Not sure if the title is right, I got it from translate.

Shooting begins on "Special gravity of guilt" in Dormagen (from left): Hanno Koffler, Producer Tim Rostock, Kaspar Heidel Bach (Director), Hans-Martin Stier, Götz George, Thomas Thieme, Angelika Bartsch, Wilfried Hochholdinger, Anna Fischer.

"Besondere Schwere der Schuld" is a judicial term and apparently a particularity that only exists in German law, so there is no good translation for it. It means a delinquent has a particularly high degree of culpability/fault.

I found a good explanation in my online dictionary:
Apparently this only exists in German law, so be careful to explain that. This particular finding means that someone sentenced to life in Germany, usually able to apply for parole after 15 years, can only apply for parole after 18 years. With this finding, however, it'll be more like 20+ years before they may actually be granted it.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #308 on: May 09, 2014, 03:27:18 pm »
That's great, thanks so much for the translations!  I've checked to see if Hanno won, but I guess the ceremony is still going on.  I did see some pics of actors and actresses on the red carpet as they arrived today, but didn't see any of him.

Now going back to last summer, I found this - sorry that they used the word "hunkfest"  :-\

Outfest Awards Brunch serves up a hunkfest!
By Greg Hernandez on Jul 21, 2013 5:36 pm

And finally, my biggest treat of all because I had been dying to meet him: German actor Hanno Koffler whose film Free Fall was one of my favorites of the entire festival and whose performance in the film was absolutely superb. Hanno had flown into LA four days ago for meetings and to appear at the encore screening of his film on Sunday afternoon. He also was one of the presenters at the brunch.

I’m basically smitten.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #309 on: May 09, 2014, 03:30:01 pm »
Friday Morning Man: Hanno Koffler!
By Greg Hernandez on Jul 19, 2013 12:00 am

This 33-year-old actor is one of the stars of one of the best films I’ve seen at Outfest so far this year: Free Fall.

He’s Hanno Koffler and he plays a seemingly straight police officer with a pregnant girlfriend in this very well-done German drama.

http://greginhollywood.com/friday-morning-man-hanno-koffler-87681