Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101317 times)

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #340 on: May 10, 2014, 11:04:18 am »
SECAM = Système Évolvé Contre les AMéricains.  ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SECAM

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #341 on: May 10, 2014, 11:27:30 am »
Hi Mariska & Vincent,
you guys are the only ones who've seen the movie, so what's your opinion on this?  Is there any significance to the fact that, when Marc goes to the club without Kay, he's wearing the same "Super Racers" t-shirt that Bettina is wearing when he comes back after their "close encounter" in the forest?

"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #342 on: May 10, 2014, 11:51:59 am »
Hi Mariska & Vincent,
you guys are the only ones who've seen the movie, so what's your opinion on this?  Is there any significance to the fact that, when Marc goes to the club without Kay, he's wearing the same "Super Racers" t-shirt that Bettina is wearing when he comes back after their "close encounter" in the forest?

I didn't notice Marc was wearing the same shirt (you really notice everything, don't you?  :D).
But in the comments they said that Bettina loves to wear Marc's shirt (so the shirt is Marc's) while Marc is cheating on her.
If there is any significance (but I don't know if it was done on purpose Marc wearing that shirt in the club),  it seems to me like: Bettina doesn't want to wear his shirt anymore.
Speak to you later.

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #343 on: May 10, 2014, 12:04:11 pm »
I didn't notice Marc was wearing the same shirt (you really notice everything, don't you?  :D).
But in the comments they said that Bettina loves to wear Marc's shirt (so the shirt is Marc's) while Marc is cheating on her.
If there is any significance (but I don't know if it was done on purpose Marc wearing that shirt in the club),  it seems to me like: Bettina doesn't want to wear his shirt anymore.

WOW.. Nice catch!  I agree.  Maybe thought Marc made him appear younger...? That's the first thing that pops in my mind.  CHeers, V.
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #344 on: May 10, 2014, 12:21:46 pm »
WOW.. Nice catch!  I agree.  Maybe thought Marc made him appear younger...? That's the first thing that pops in my mind.  CHeers, V.

T hought about it again. From the audio comments I know the fact that Bettina wore Marc's shirt, had a meaning. So I think Marc wearing that shirt has a meaning too. That shirt shows breaking up the bond with Bettina? Or that Marc is on his own now?

Offline morrobay

« Reply #345 on: May 10, 2014, 12:49:25 pm »
I'm so glad you have the audio, so you can fill us in.  But they really should have included it on all DVDs  >:(

What you say, now that I know about their comments, makes sense.  Bettina wore his shirts to feel close to him while he was gone, now she isn't wearing them anymore  She has discarded the shirts (and Marc), and he has claimed them (and himself) again.  

I seriously think Lacant and the actors should get in on this conversation!

Offline morrobay

« Reply #346 on: May 10, 2014, 01:39:14 pm »
photo credit ©Marko Greitschus (API) Deutsche Filmakadamie e.V.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #347 on: May 10, 2014, 05:15:19 pm »
Hi Nancy,

The other deleted scenes:
First you have to know that there was an alternative story line in which Frank had a secret affair with Britt. In the fourth deleted scene Marc and Frank speak about Britt.
I think it’s deleted because Kay and Britt were supposed to have something going on together. In the comments they called it Kay’s coverup.

So, in the fourth deleted scene Marc and Frank have been drinking together.
Marc asks Frank how many woman he slept with.
Frank: about 30.
Marc: included Britt?
Frank (sigh):Oh yes Britt. Do you know what she dared to asked me? If I had ever thought of leaving Claudia. Imagine that.
Marc: don’t you ever feel guilty?
Frank (sigh again): you know, the house, the kids, Claudia……sometimes I think: it this all there is?
Then Frank looks at Marc with a dirty smile and says:  don’t you ever think of cheating Bettina? When you think of sex, do you always think of Bettina?
Marc: no, not really.
Frank: I understand that.

The fifth deleted scene is nothing more than Gregor telling  a stupid gay joke in the shower room (after Kay was picked up in the bar). Kay wasn’t there, Marc reacted annoyed.

The last one: I couldn’t understand it all (no dutch subs either), so I have to sum up a bit. I think it is an alternative for the empty apartment scene (Marc didn’t know yet that Kay has left).
After Bettina left Marc and Marc confessed to Bettina his affair with Kay, Frank and Claudia tried to reunite them. The four of them meet at the bowling hall (I’m starting to hate that bowling hall). Claudia and Bettina sitting at the table, Frank and Marc at the bar. Marc looks sad.
Frank asks how he is dealing with everything. Marc says something like: I don’t wanna talk about it.
Frank: well, soon you will be good old Marc again. Now Engel is gone, everything will be like it used  to be.
Marc (looks upset): how do you mean, Engel is gone?
Frank: we don’t even know where he went. But, if you ask me, I’m glad. He caused a lot of trouble.
And Frank left. Marc sits alone at the bar, devastated because he heard Kay had left.
This was an emotional scene. Everybody glad that Kay, the trouble maker, left. Now Marc will be “wie früher” (like he used to be). Nobody even thought of the possibility that Marc had real feelings for Kay. Very sad scene.

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #348 on: May 10, 2014, 05:17:57 pm »
Just finished watching the movie on DVD. Like other North American ones, no extras such as commentary.

Very powerful movie, now I can read some of the comments y'all have made.

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #349 on: May 10, 2014, 05:34:38 pm »
Just finished watching the movie on DVD. Like other North American ones, no extras such as commentary.

Very powerful movie, now I can read some of the comments y'all have made.

Glad you liked it  :)