Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101365 times)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #1111 on: May 19, 2015, 07:10:12 pm »
A bow tie   8)

Offline Lea

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1112 on: May 20, 2015, 04:39:02 pm »
Just watched "Cancellation - For Sure Insured" with Max Riemelt. It is a slightly whimsical comedy which is very funny and amusing. Completely different from "Free Fall" - but a great film!  :D

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1113 on: May 20, 2015, 05:06:27 pm »
Hi Lea,
Do you live in Germany?
Here in the (south of) the Netherlands we can watch a few German TV channels. I watched the movie too.
But the only one I could understand was Max, the other actors seemed to speak with an acccent??
I loved the little pig  :-*, but I didn't understand enough to get the jokes.
Nevertheless, I was happy that I could watch.

Another movie I really want to watch is "To Life". I hope it will be available on DVD soon.

Offline hanno

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1114 on: May 20, 2015, 08:43:16 pm »
Hello,
I've just found an interesting article about FF 2:
http://www.germanfilmsquarterly.de/upc2_15_3.html
As this link is on the fb page of FF 2 (the producer's page) I think it might be reliable  ;)
(There's also a link to this entry on the fb of Max Riemelt)
I know what you mean. Right after watching FF I couldn't believe the end. I wanted the sequel immediately and was quite surprised there was none. But the longer I thought about the film the more I understood the end. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to the sequel.
I have heard about this fanfiction too but couldn't find it anywhere. So, just in case you get it could you please forward it to me? That would be really kind of you.

i 'm thinking about the special assignment mentioned in the storyline is very likely to be a massive demonstration lead by gay activists fighting for equal rights, and Marc as anti-riot police was sent to assist the berlin police to surpress the demonstration, who later find Kay is in that demonstration crowd.

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1115 on: May 21, 2015, 07:50:23 am »
I personally don't see Kay as an activist or attending a demonstration, he's too reserved.  He doesn't feel the need to be part of a group; he might support in other ways, but to march in the streets?  No, I don't think so.
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1116 on: May 21, 2015, 09:02:14 am »
i 'm thinking about the special assignment mentioned in the storyline is very likely to be a massive demonstration lead by gay activists fighting for equal rights, and Marc as anti-riot police was sent to assist the berlin police to surpress the demonstration, who later find Kay is in that demonstration crowd.

Hi Hanno (!),
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
The director gave us a little info about a possible sequal and it is nice to share thoughts about this info and to hear several opinions and expectations about what possibly will happen.
Kay in a demonstration, interesting thought that never crossed my mind. I assumed that Kay would still be a police officer.

I agree with you Butler. That was the first thing I thought: Kay participating in a demonstration? I don't see that happen.
For the reasons you mentioned.
But we discussed Kay so much, who he is, what he would do or would not do, for me it's difficult to imagine something else that doesn't fit in that picture.
FF2 might be a big surprise for us too, when things are totally different than we expect.

Like I said, I think both Marc and Kai both participate to the special assignment as police officers. But if this is the case, I don't understand how it is possible that Marc couldn't find him.

I hope more people will share their thoughts, even if we don't agree. That makes it interesting.

Offline hanno

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1117 on: May 21, 2015, 06:26:56 pm »
I personally don't see Kay as an activist or attending a demonstration, he's too reserved.  He doesn't feel the need to be part of a group; he might support in other ways, but to march in the streets?  No, I don't think so.

Hi butler,
You are right Kay is reserved, leading a demonstration is not his style, but attending is another thing. He might be just getting invovled. In the first movie we are given too little background of him, but one thing we know for sure is that he is not quite fit into the police lifestyle, therefore you can see him smoke marijuana outside the swimming pool, tease the trainer who had a talk with him after his absence from the class, and beat that homophobie colleage down in the canteen. Apart from Marc and Britt, he seems isolated from others. Remember the talk in the woods right before the first smoke kiss?
Kay: Ever heard of infiltrating the system?
Marc: Are you an anarchist?
Though it sounds like poking fun, I think Kay is actually not in the system, he is like an outsider, doesn't belong to this place. When he leaves Ludwichberg and heads to Berlin, it is not only Marc that is being left, he actually wants to start a new life in a gay-friendly city. Keep on living as a riot-police? Seriously? He abondon the house, the person he cares for so much, but not giving up a career that caged him? Come on, such a free spirit should not be tamed by all these rules.
It might be a better choice to be a photographer, a journalist, or a bar owner.
And this time he must has his circles, and a new date is also an almost nailed pattern in a sequal. What comes across my mind exactly is that Kay moves to berlin, meets someone new totally different from Marc, maybe a power bottom LOL. Then his new date, or maybe friend join in that marching, and he accompanied. And Marc with his helmet on recognised him in the crowd with someone else, completely shattered to find they are so close yet so far.
Sorry for being poor organised, and weak in grammer. I've been here for a while and read all these comments page by page. Finally i decide not letting language skills ruin my journey into that movie with you. Now i feel i'm in the league.

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1118 on: May 21, 2015, 07:52:01 pm »
Hi butler,
You are right Kay is reserved, leading a demonstration is not his style, but attending is another thing. He might be just getting invovled. In the first movie we are given too little background of him, but one thing we know for sure is that he is not quite fit into the police lifestyle, therefore you can see him smoke marijuana outside the swimming pool, tease the trainer who had a talk with him after his absence from the class, and beat that homophobie colleage down in the canteen. Apart from Marc and Britt, he seems isolated from others. Remember the talk in the woods right before the first smoke kiss?
Kay: Ever heard of infiltrating the system?
Marc: Are you an anarchist?
Though it sounds like poking fun, I think Kay is actually not in the system, he is like an outsider, doesn't belong to this place. When he leaves Ludwichberg and heads to Berlin, it is not only Marc that is being left, he actually wants to start a new life in a gay-friendly city. Keep on living as a riot-police? Seriously? He abondon the house, the person he cares for so much, but not giving up a career that caged him? Come on, such a free spirit should not be tamed by all these rules.
It might be a better choice to be a photographer, a journalist, or a bar owner.
And this time he must has his circles, and a new date is also an almost nailed pattern in a sequal. What comes across my mind exactly is that Kay moves to berlin, meets someone new totally different from Marc, maybe a power bottom LOL. Then his new date, or maybe friend join in that marching, and he accompanied. And Marc with his helmet on recognised him in the crowd with someone else, completely shattered to find they are so close yet so far.
Sorry for being poor organised, and weak in grammer. I've been here for a while and read all these comments page by page. Finally i decide not letting language skills ruin my journey into that movie with you. Now i feel i'm in the league.

I'm glad you decided not to let language keep you from voicing your thoughts about the movie.  And I absolutely  LOVE the idea of Kay as a photographer!!  That's a perfect genre for him to work in, the options open to him would be limitless.  Free lance, not a 9-5 job - totally different from the police.  And the people who work in creative fields like that tend to be more open-minded.  Excellent!

Power bottom, huh?   ;)   Marc would definitely have to work hard to get him back!
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline hanno

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #1119 on: May 21, 2015, 08:20:53 pm »
Hi Hanno (!),
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
The director gave us a little info about a possible sequal and it is nice to share thoughts about this info and to hear several opinions and expectations about what possibly will happen.
Kay in a demonstration, interesting thought that never crossed my mind. I assumed that Kay would still be a police officer.
I agree with you Butler. That was the first thing I thought: Kay participating in a demonstration? I don't see that happen.
For the reasons you mentioned.
But we discussed Kay so much, who he is, what he would do or would not do, for me it's difficult to imagine something else that doesn't fit in that picture.
FF2 might be a big surprise for us too, when things are totally different than we expect.
Like I said, I think both Marc and Kai both participate to the special assignment as police officers. But if this is the case, I don't understand how it is possible that Marc couldn't find him.
I hope more people will share their thoughts, even if we don't agree. That makes it interesting.
Hi Mariska,
It's nice to discuss with you.
Like I said, Kay is detached from the colleagues, and he basically doesn't care his performance. It appears to me that there is no reason for him to stick to the police career    after beaten by a police Limpski (Starbucks spell might be, LOL), and turned down by Marc who ask him to transfer again to another police unit. He always do what Marc told him to do, but this time he left everything behind it's not reasonable he still follows Marc's advice. Even though he loves the job, this plot should be avoided intentionally, let alone we cannot see Kay's passion for the job.
As you suggest they might coincidentally assigned the same mission, of course if Kay is still a riot-police it is the most possible reunited picture, however a straight conflict bring both sides a character development.