Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101167 times)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #1120 on: May 22, 2015, 11:03:19 am »
It appears to me that there is no reason for him to stick to the police career    after beaten by a police Limpski (Starbucks spell might be, LOL), and turned down by Marc who ask him to transfer again to another police unit.

The thing is, we don't know anything about Kay. For how long he has been with the police force, why he joined the police force and whether he loved the job or not.
I think, if Kay loved being a police man, he wouldn't quit because of what happened. But maybe he didn't love his job and he quit. I guess both is possible.
To be honest, I like Kay as police officer.

He always do what Marc told him to do, but this time he left everything behind it's not reasonable he still follows Marc's advice.
I think Kay never followed Marc's advice, he did what he wanted to do. He controlled Marc more than vice versa. Remember little things from the movie. Marc tells Kai to leave the pool, Kay stays in the pool. Kay made Marc do things he didn't want to do (smoking weed, taking pills).
I think Kay left because he was done with the whole situation, not because Marc told him to leave.

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1121 on: May 22, 2015, 07:26:25 pm »
Totally agree (surprised?  :) )

Kay got Marc to smoke a joint on the base, go in the pool after hours, do ecstasy (which he clearly didn't want to do), and have sex with a man (which he clearly DID want to do).  Marc was a follower, at least with Kay.
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1122 on: May 23, 2015, 06:04:12 am »

Offline natty

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1123 on: May 23, 2015, 10:26:15 am »
Max Riemelt - Greeting for TO LIFE! 

Offline Lea

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1124 on: May 23, 2015, 04:38:45 pm »
Hi Lea,
Do you live in Germany?
Here in the (south of) the Netherlands we can watch a few German TV channels. I watched the movie too.
But the only one I could understand was Max, the other actors seemed to speak with an acccent??
I loved the little pig  :-*, but I didn't understand enough to get the jokes.
Nevertheless, I was happy that I could watch.

Another movie I really want to watch is "To Life". I hope it will be available on DVD soon.

Hi Mariska,
sorry for the late reply. Yes, I live in Germany - and the accent is Bavarian (where the story is set).
Me too, I'd love to see "To Life" (amongst others). Have you seen "1000 Oceans"? A few months ago it was still on youtube available, though splitted in 7 or 8 parts (and also in German - but without accents as far as I remember  ;) )

I think Kay never followed Marc's advice, he did what he wanted to do. He controlled Marc more than vice versa. Remember little things from the movie. Marc tells Kai to leave the pool, Kay stays in the pool. Kay made Marc do things he didn't want to do (smoking weed, taking pills).
I think Kay left because he was done with the whole situation, not because Marc told him to leave.

I absolutely agree with you  :)

Well, Kay doesn't seem to be someone who keeps a job he doesn't like. He always does what he wants to do. Therefore I cannot imagine that he doesn't like being a police officer. And Kay also tries to achieve his goals, he is ambitious (the runners training, and his whole behaviour - not only towards Marc).
That's why I actually don't think he stops working in this sector. Maybe he leaves the police but he could start to work for a private securitiy agency or something like that. Even though he then might miss the chance to infiltrate the system  ;)

Offline Lea

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1125 on: May 23, 2015, 04:50:07 pm »
Wow.  <3

Offline Lea

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1126 on: May 23, 2015, 04:57:00 pm »

Offline Lea

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1127 on: May 23, 2015, 04:58:08 pm »
And a last one  :)

Offline superpop

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1128 on: May 23, 2015, 05:29:10 pm »
New Sense8 trailer:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeIpQA2t1uI[/youtube]

There is also another new Sense8 trailer called "Reborn" but I'm not finding it on youtube so I think that might be a netflix only trailer.

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1129 on: May 23, 2015, 06:00:26 pm »
Two new Sense8 trailers.

http://www.netflix.com/WiMovie/80025744

You're right, it's on Netflix, Mariska found it here ^^^
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."