Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101547 times)

Offline superpop

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #1140 on: May 23, 2015, 10:27:37 pm »
A silly little instagram video of Max and 3 of the other Sense8 actors from 7 months ago while filming in San Fran. (Max is driving)

https://instagram.com/p/uOcnFKETcq/

Offline Lea

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1141 on: May 24, 2015, 06:55:14 am »
Maybe they should film it in English with German subs!
Why? It's a German film with German actors.

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1142 on: May 24, 2015, 06:56:46 am »
I was kidding!!  Y'all can lighten up just a little
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1143 on: May 24, 2015, 08:02:03 am »
I was kidding!!  Y'all can lighten up just a little

Oh good!
Because I had very mixed feelings about this.
It is a german movie with german actors so it should be in German.

But, I noticed that a lot of english-speaking people don't like subs or even don't watch a movie because of the subs.
I guess because they are not used to it.
I don't care about subs (I'm used to it) but to be honest I prefer watching movies in a language I understand like English or German (even if I watch with Dutch subs).
So I can imagine that the subs and/or the foreign language is a handicap for a movie to reach a big audience.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #1144 on: May 24, 2015, 08:14:44 am »
I think that's funny - I wouldn't care if they remade Titanic (or any other Hollywood movie) in German.  Is it because there aren't many good German movies?

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1145 on: May 24, 2015, 08:28:09 am »
Me too, I'd love to see "To Life" (amongst others). Have you seen "1000 Oceans"? A few months ago it was still on youtube available, though splitted in 7 or 8 parts (and also in German - but without accents as far as I remember  ;) )
No, I didn't see 1000 Oceans, is it good?

Well, Kay doesn't seem to be someone who keeps a job he doesn't like. He always does what he wants to do. Therefore I cannot imagine that he doesn't like being a police officer. And Kay also tries to achieve his goals, he is ambitious (the runners training, and his whole behaviour - not only towards Marc).
That's why I actually don't think he stops working in this sector. Maybe he leaves the police but he could start to work for a private securitiy agency or something like that. Even though he then might miss the chance to infiltrate the system  ;)
I agree, Kay is ambitious and someone who tries to achieve his goals. But is it possible that he literally infiltrated the system? He broke the rules all the time, didn't show up for class etc. He showed resistance to the system. Would he act this way if he loved being a police officer?

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1146 on: May 24, 2015, 08:34:03 am »
I think that's funny - I wouldn't care if they remade Titanic (or any other Hollywood movie) in German.  Is it because there aren't many good German movies?

I think there are a lot of good foreign movies but none of these movies reach the audience a Hollywood movie does. So that's wy I thought it has something to do with language or subtitles.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1147 on: May 24, 2015, 08:42:02 am »
Yes, I'd love to see a follow-up to Free Fall and I REALLY hope it get's made. There are so many angles that could be played with all the loose-ends they left hanging!
YW on the clips.  It's actually not a terrible film if you keep it in perspective.  The best scene is the clip I posted.
Yes, our Free Fall discussions waned off but I'm always eager to jump back in.   I don't think the fim got the exposure it deserved. 
V. 

Hi Vincent, thanks for the War Boys clip. I did watch it before but I didn't know it was Brian J. Smith.
So at least 2 of the male actors of sense8 played a gay role before. Coincidence or on purpose, to be sure that the actors have no problems with gay love scenes?
Well, that was just a thought.

I hope you will jump back in, your comments are always great.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #1148 on: May 24, 2015, 09:22:16 am »
I think there are a lot of good foreign movies but none of these movies reach the audience a Hollywood movie does. So that's wy I thought it has something to do with language or subtitles.

What I thought was funny was that my sarcastic comment to make the film in English was taken as an offensive remark - and I just wondered why.

Both comments said the exact same thing  It's a German movie with German actors.  So if Hollywood suddenly took an interest and paid the German actors in USD to speak English, what's the problem with that? It would get much better promotion, more people would see it, the actors would get exposure for more possible roles - seems a win/win.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1149 on: May 24, 2015, 09:53:07 am »
What I thought was funny was that my sarcastic comment to make the film in English was taken as an offensive remark - and I just wondered why.

Both comments said the exact same thing  It's a German movie with German actors.  So if Hollywood suddenly took an interest and paid the German actors in USD to speak English, what's the problem with that? It would get much better promotion, more people would see it, the actors would get exposure for more possible roles - seems a win/win.

I really didn't mean to be offensive, that's why I said I had mixed feelings.
Negative because it would be a little fake (because everyone knows the actors are German and the story is in Germany). And of course the actors speak English with an accent.

But it could be positive for the reasons you mentioned because I think a lot of not-German speaking people would prefer English, even if English isn't their native language.

Every year we have the European Song Contest. Years ago most countries performed a song in their own language, but now every country performes in english (sometimes French). Because it sounds better? Or because English sounds familiar to almost everyone?
So yes, I think more people would be interested to watch if they would speak english.