Author Topic: Resurrecting the Movies thread...  (Read 1040647 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Resurrecting the Movies thread...
« Reply #1320 on: January 14, 2009, 05:05:40 pm »
I saw "Revolutionary Road" tonight and thought it was very, very good.  Sam Mendes has a way with suburban angst.  Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio were great, and even though the story dealt with problems many couples face and many movies have addressed, I never lost interest.  The inner lives of the characters were so intense, I was never quite sure what they'd do.

David Harbour (BBM's Randall) had a supporting role as a neighbor.  This resulted in a scene that was pure Brokeback.  Any Brokie who sees the movie will instantly recognize it.  ;D

ooooh!!!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1321 on: January 18, 2009, 11:42:00 am »
I saw Gran Torino last night and liked it a lot. Great characterization, good acting by Clint and others. My sons liked it, too.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1322 on: January 18, 2009, 03:08:18 pm »
I saw "Revolutionary Road" tonight and thought it was very, very good.  Sam Mendes has a way with suburban angst.  Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio were great, and even though the story dealt with problems many couples face and many movies have addressed, I never lost interest.  The inner lives of the characters were so intense, I was never quite sure what they'd do.

David Harbour (BBM's Randall) had a supporting role as a neighbor.  This resulted in a scene that was pure Brokeback.  Any Brokie who sees the movie will instantly recognize it.  ;D

Wow! I'm curious.

The movie is released here next wednesday.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline oilgun

« Reply #1323 on: January 23, 2009, 12:28:12 pm »
I just watched The Greenstreet Hooligans (aka Hooligans, 2005) and although not a great film, I thought it was pretty darn good & I don't think many people have seen it.  I didn't even know it existed until a few months ago.   It stars Elijah Wood, who isn't one of my favourite actors, I found him insufferable in LotR, and Charlie Hunnam, who I do like a lot, but man, he sure isn't the Twink from QaF-UK, that's for sure.  There is a brief scene of him shirtless that sent my jaw dropping to the floor with a large thud.  Let's just say that he's in amazing shape, god-like, really.  Anyway, wrapped around this tasty scene is a fascinating story about the football hooligan sub-culture.  Highly recommended but, as to be expected, it is quite violent.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #1324 on: January 23, 2009, 02:02:17 pm »

Cheers, Gil.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #1325 on: January 23, 2009, 04:46:08 pm »

Cheers, Gil.

Thanks Paul! Those are great shots of him but they don't compare to that scene.

Which reminds me, did you ever watch THE TATTOOIST with Mr. Behr?   Blockbuster's had a previously viewed DVD of it on sale for under $10 and I stupidly didn't buy it.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #1326 on: January 23, 2009, 08:43:51 pm »
Thanks Paul! Those are great shots of him but they don't compare to that scene.

Which reminds me, did you ever watch THE TATTOOIST with Mr. Behr?   Blockbuster's had a previously viewed DVD of it on sale for under $10 and I stupidly didn't buy it.

Unfortunately, I'm way behind on my young hunk film viewing.  Tattoist is on my list, to which I'll add Hooligans.  Thanks.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1327 on: January 24, 2009, 02:05:50 am »

Cheers, Gil.
Well, if that's not god-like, then I just don't know what is. I'd be happy to move that figure into the Acropolis!!

I'm totally elated tonight after seeing Slumdog Millionaire!! Some of the images are bursting in my brain, filling me with a primitive urge to paw the white out of the moon!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline oilgun

« Reply #1328 on: January 24, 2009, 12:30:51 pm »
Of course, the scene is on Youtube, I should have thought of that before:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdiJKm9FwNs[/youtube]

I said it was brief, lol!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #1329 on: January 26, 2009, 03:25:07 pm »
I saw THE CLASS (Entre les murs) yesterday and really, REALLY enjoyed it.  It's up for Best Foreign language film and I wouldn't be surprised if it wins because it's a quietly brilliant piece of work.  Definitely a must see for teachers and anyone interested in education.  It's engaging, riveting, exasperating and thought provoking.  It also deservedly won the grand prize at Cannes