Author Topic: Resurrecting the Movies thread...  (Read 1036638 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Resurrecting the Movies thread...
« Reply #1830 on: August 15, 2011, 12:33:01 pm »
"Yes," what? "Yes," it is used for male-female couples (eeewww), or "yes" it isn't used for male-female couples?  ???

Yes, it is so used.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #1831 on: August 15, 2011, 01:08:16 pm »
Yes, it is so used.

Thanks.

Eeewww.  :P

Any guy who would refer to a woman as his "fuck buddy" is no gentleman.  >:(

I didn't even know the term was used by anyone other than gay men.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1832 on: August 15, 2011, 03:57:56 pm »
I didn't notice It Happened One Night, but I think they were "celebrating" Claudette Colbert Friday night. I saw Midnight, with Claudette, Don Ameche, John Barrymore, Mary Astor, and--believe it or not, as an actor--Hedda Hopper!  :o Ben Mankeweicz said the movie was hell on the director. By that point Claudette could get in her contracts that she could only be photographed from her left side--and Barrymore was by then a hopeless drunk.  :(

Doncha just love the "autogyro" in IHON?  ;D

I remember Blade Runner as being very ... damp.  ;D  And--I think--a female android who acted like a Coppelia who had way too much caffeine.  8)

Oh yeah, I didn't mention I watched Midnight, too.  Kind of a crazy, overbaked plot, but I thought the writing was actually quite funny.  I don't remember which character Hedda Hopper played, though.

Yes, Blade Runner has lots of rain!  I guess that's part of how they envisioned the future of climate change in 1982.  People smoke like chimneys in it, though.  They didn't foresee all the anti-smoking laws.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1833 on: August 15, 2011, 04:15:45 pm »
Oh yeah, I didn't mention I watched Midnight, too.  Kind of a crazy, overbaked plot, but I thought the writing was actually quite funny.  I don't remember which character Hedda Hopper played, though.

Hedda Hopper was the hostess at that musical soiree that Claudette Colbert sneaked into using her pawn ticket.  ;D  Then she showed up at the hat shop, and at the weekend house party that Mary Astor and John Barrymore gave. I had to look up the movie at IMDb to make sure it was her.

Yes, Blade Runner has lots of rain!  I guess that's part of how they envisioned the future of climate change in 1982.  People smoke like chimneys in it, though.  They didn't foresee all the anti-smoking laws.  ;D

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1834 on: August 18, 2011, 11:56:24 am »
Yay! One Day opens tomorrow! I hope Anne has a more agreeable character to play in this movie... If not, I'm going to have to start wondering if there's a Brokeback curse   ???
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1835 on: August 18, 2011, 12:32:25 pm »
Yay! One Day opens tomorrow! I hope Anne has a more agreeable character to play in this movie... If not, I'm going to have to start wondering if there's a Brokeback curse   ???

Jim Sturgess is cute. ...

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1836 on: August 18, 2011, 05:12:34 pm »
I didn't know where to put this but since it involves Gerard Depardieu peeing on a plane...

Have a giggle with Anderson Cooper (aka that nice Vanderbilt boy)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XcYNOoth-0[/youtube]

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1837 on: August 19, 2011, 12:52:19 am »
I didn't know where to put this but since it involves Gerard Depardieu peeing on a plane...

Have a giggle with Anderson Cooper (aka that nice Vanderbilt boy)

I saw this posted on Facebook or somewhere else today. I feel sorry for Anderson. You can see him thinking, OMG, this is going to be on YouTube. And the joke isn't even at all funny!  ::)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1838 on: August 19, 2011, 08:46:51 am »
This morning I read a review of the new Conan movie that said the best thing about it is Jason Momoa's buttocks.

(OK, the terms the reviewer actually used were rock-hard buns and rear end. Must be pretty impressive since he mentioned it/them twice.)

Colin Farrell might be a really nasty vampire in the retread of Fright Night, but he can still bite me. ...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #1839 on: August 19, 2011, 11:09:14 am »
This morning I read a review of the new Conan movie that said the best thing about it is Jason Momoa's buttocks.

(OK, the terms the reviewer actually used were rock-hard buns and rear end. Must be pretty impressive since he mentioned it/them twice.)

The Conan trailer doesn't bode well for the level of high class entertainment one might hope for, but I have seen the buns in question in HBO's Game of Thrones and can understand the critic's respect for them.  The guy is massively hot.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...