Author Topic: Resurrecting the Movies thread...  (Read 1042221 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Resurrecting the Movies thread...
« Reply #1050 on: September 09, 2008, 10:19:25 pm »
  I'll have to look for Birth.  Thank you, Truman. 

Awe Shucks! Your Welcome.  ;D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #1051 on: September 09, 2008, 10:36:44 pm »
Awe Shucks! Your Welcome.  ;D

Me too! And Nicole Kidman was the name I was trying to think of down there when I got lost in Hugh Jackman land. She and he will be starring in Australia coming out late this fall. Looks like another Titanic.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #1052 on: September 09, 2008, 10:45:29 pm »
Me too! And Nicole Kidman was the name I was trying to think of down there when I got lost in Hugh Jackman land. She and he will be starring in Australia coming out late this fall. Looks like another Titanic.

Ooh, that's not necessarily a good thing. LOL

**runs from Titanic fans**

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1053 on: September 09, 2008, 11:58:54 pm »
Just so it's not another "Crash"!  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1054 on: September 10, 2008, 11:05:19 am »
I wasn't too impressed with "BIRTH." A pretty big disappointment. Now a good reincarnation movie (it was a trendy topic in the 1970's) was "THE REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD." Probably looks dated now, but it used to come on tv quite frequently in the 1970's.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1055 on: September 10, 2008, 11:14:56 am »

Don't be so quick to judge. It is getting alot of positive publicity. And remember, Titanic still leads the Dark Knight in total $$, and TDK probably won't catch up the way things are going. Even though lots of people sneer at Titanic it was a huge hit, and lots of people love it, including me.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1056 on: September 10, 2008, 11:28:02 am »

Don't be so quick to judge. It is getting alot of positive publicity. And remember, Titanic still leads the Dark Knight in total $$, and TDK probably won't catch up the way things are going. Even though lots of people sneer at Titanic it was a huge hit, and lots of people love it, including me.

I'm just eager to learn more about Australia. Especially now that I have Brokie friends there.  :D

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1057 on: September 10, 2008, 11:31:36 am »
Is it going to be like THE THORNBIRDS?  It was one of most watched tv miniseries of all times. Maybe the movie industry is hoping to tap into that sentiment.  Of course, you can't mention THE THORNBIRDS to some ppl without the phrase "He's gay!" being stated afterwards.  Did Richard Chamberlain's coming out destroy the fantasy for some.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1058 on: September 10, 2008, 11:35:02 am »
Is it going to be like THE THORNBIRDS?  It was one of most watched tv miniseries of all times. Maybe the movie industry is hoping to tap into that sentiment.  Of course, you can't mention THE THORNBIRDS to some ppl without the phrase "He's gay!" being stated afterwards.  Did Richard Chamberlain's coming out destroy the fantasy for some.

I have heard it described as an epic set against the background of war, akin to Gone With the Wind (different country and different war, though).
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1059 on: September 10, 2008, 11:40:32 am »
Of course, you can't mention THE THORNBIRDS to some ppl without the phrase "He's gay!" being stated afterwards.  Did Richard Chamberlain's coming out destroy the fantasy for some.

I hope not, because it's exactly that thinking that keeps gay actors who might want roles in straight romances from being able to come out.