Author Topic: The Women of Brokeback Mountain  (Read 36630 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: The Women of Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 09:32:31 am »
Oh, and I also wanted to ask this question: which woman of Brokeback Mountain are you? (Guys, you are welcome to answer also!)

I have to say, I'm not sure

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: The Women of Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 10:08:31 am »
Actually, Lureen suddenly reminds me of Ariadne. Presumably her marriage starts off at least sort-of good, and she ends up more-or-less abandoned by her husband. She might not really be abandoned before Jack's death, but clearly he isn't "there" for her. So I guess that's a kind of emotional abandonment.

Very interesting. Must read up about Ariadne. As the spouse of Dionysus, that seems pretty exciting!

What I was actually thinking re: Ariadne was how she helped Theseus, and then he abandoned her. It made me think how Jack turned to Lureen to assuage his loneliness, but ultimately that didn't work and he (emotionally) abandoned her.

Maybe Lureen remarried after Jack's death. With that farm equipment business, I'm sure the Widow Twist was a catch.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.