Author Topic: Is there any reason for Rush Limbaugh?  (Read 7069 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Is there any reason for Rush Limbaugh?
« on: October 25, 2006, 11:18:27 am »
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Is there any reason for Rush Limbaugh?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 11:23:30 am »
Chek this out:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15408508/

Is there any reason for Rush Limbaugh? None whatsoever. Somebody should drop a house on that man right quick.  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 08:07:16 pm »
No reason whatsoever.  I keep reminding all my right wing buddies that the guy is a hypocritical dope-head who is trying to duck prison for his illegal drug activies - though he clearly stated liberals who do what he does should go to jail.

So why are they even listening to the guy?  He lost credibility - even for the conservatives - ages ago.  If they even start off the conversation with,

"Hey did you hear what Rush said -?"

I always riposte with, "Rush?  The drug addict?  Yeah, what did the dope-head mumble now?"  ;D

It gets my point across.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:09:07 pm by delalluvia »

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 08:34:58 pm »
I'm so glad this subject came up, because I just finished reading this piece about Rush Limbaugh's idiocy in Slate and was dying to pass it along to somebody. It's hilarious.

http://www.slate.com/id/2152195/

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 09:20:25 pm »
 Nealy eveything in that article was taken out of context.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 10:32:33 pm »
Chek this out:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15408508/
                                                                                                                                                  NONONONOONOONONONONONON........... AND IF THATS NOT ENOUGH,,,,,NONONOOONONOONONO         

Beautiful mind

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 11:00:52 am »
"Is there any reason for Rush Limbaugh?"

Yes, to make right wing conservative look incredibly stupid.  After all who we are going to mock at if he didn’t make such a stupid and ignorant comments.  Teh same way that I "love" Pat Robinson when he made some extremely stupid and offensive comments,  that just gives us more reason to laugh at him.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 11:25:20 am »
Plus, could there be anything stupider than attacking Michael J. Fox? It's one thing to attack Jane Fonda or Barbra  Streisand or Warren Beatty or Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon or whoever else is on the list of celebrities right-wingers love to hate.

But who in the world -- conservative, liberal, in between -- could dislike Michael J. Fox?

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 11:55:56 am »
Plus, could there be anything stupider than attacking Michael J. Fox? It's one thing to attack Jane Fonda or Barbra  Streisand or Warren Beatty or Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon or whoever else is on the list of celebrities right-wingers love to hate.

But who in the world -- conservative, liberal, in between -- could dislike Michael J. Fox?

That whole story was taken out of context. Rush did not in any way make fun if Fox. His point was that Fox was supporting a democratic canadate that actually voted against stem cell research and that dems were using MJ Fox and media to give the voting public the idea that repuplicans don't care about disease. The bill on the Missouri ballat involving Fox hads to to with cloning not stem cell research which is currently leagal in that state.

It to bad the liberal media takes what is actually said and twists it out of context.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 12:19:36 pm »
That whole story was taken out of context. Rush did not in any way make fun if Fox. His point was that Fox was supporting a democratic canadate that actually voted against stem cell research and that dems were using MJ Fox and media to give the voting public the idea that repuplicans don't care about disease. The bill on the Missouri ballat involving Fox hads to to with cloning not stem cell research which is currently leagal in that state.

It to bad the liberal media takes what is actually said and twists it out of context.

I'm sorry but in what ever context, this comment "He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. . . . This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting." made by Limbaugh isn't about Fox's inaccurate politics but about the way Fox appeared in the ad.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.