Author Topic: Why You Guys Mean So Much To Me  (Read 9453 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Why You Guys Mean So Much To Me
« on: April 05, 2006, 12:21:59 pm »
I know a lot of you have sent me nice thoughts and comments my way about me, the site, and my efforts here.  But I wanted to take a moment to say thanks to all of you who have come here (and stay here... and some of you are on here more than I am on here :) ) and given all of us new energy.

I try and measure my mood and outlook about things on a daily basis.  BBM lifted me out of a lot of despair and motivated me to make changes in my life like no movie ever has before.  It shook me awake and made me realize that the old daily grind was no longer acceptable to me.  This site is part of my own life journey forward, onwards and upwards.

I realized post-Oscars that some people who have spent the last three months (or more) of their lives soaking in all-things BBM would eventually start moving on to other things in their lives.  I've seen that effect in some ways on some other forums and realized that we were entering a quieter time until the DVD came out.

When you guys arrived, it completely re-energized me and got me right back on the positive track.  So this has been a win for a lot of you guys, but its been a major win for me as well because I rely on everyone on BetterMost just as much as they might rely on me.

So thanks for being here and helping me as well!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Why You Guys Mean So Much To Me
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 12:28:12 pm »
Wow Phillip, thanks for sharing that. I am very glad to hear it isn't just a lot more work for you. It really seems like things work out in the strangest of ways sometimes. Thanks for being so awesome. Without you, we're nothin', we're nowhere.

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 12:29:28 pm »
Hey Philip,
There may come a day when you regret every meeting any of us, but for now, I am really glad that you are glad we are here!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 12:32:22 pm »
 :) :) :)
Thanks times nine,
Phillip.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 12:40:49 pm »
Thanks so much Philip! :-* I am here forever, loving BBM, you and everyone else who likes to talk about BBM! I think these message boards have made me love BBM even more and I have created great friendship bonds with people that I never thought I would! You guys feel like my family now.....actually forget the family thing, you guys are better!

GROUP HUG! ;D  :) ;) :-*

O.T: If we are a family does that make me the baby of our family?

"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 01:09:30 pm »

When you guys arrived, it completely re-energized me and got me right back on the positive track.  So this has been a win for a lot of you guys, but its been a major win for me as well because I rely on everyone on BetterMost just as much as they might rely on me.

So thanks for being here and helping me as well!

You have energized us, and given so much hope back to a bunch of folks who were worn down from battling.  I'm so glad you're happy with the decision to invite us here - I know I am!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 01:16:02 pm »
Thanks for being so awesome. Without you, we're nothin', we're nowhere.

Here here!
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 01:18:06 pm »
Thanks so much for sharing that with us, Phillip.

You were like a knight in shining armor for us when we desperately needed one, and I'm happy to know that you've received something back in return for your kindness to us.

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 01:26:35 pm »
I'm actually more sad about what has happened to the forums on IMDB.com.

All the newbies, when they finally get to check out the BBM website, after viewing the dvd,  are going to see it's full of homophobic posts, or way off topic thinks such as the ICE movie or whatever animation thing there talking about. Plus it's been scorched by trolls.  Do you think anyone is going to take the time to post something articulate and thought provoking when the forum has been trashed?  Makes me sad.  :(

I'm glad we had the IMDB BBM for awhile. I had been looking at the BBM forum since early September. I stopped looking when ppl started talking about spoilers, after the film came out in CA and NYC. We had Jan and Feb without constant troll interruption on the big board...  THen we went to PT. Then that was lost. 

This forum is the new citadel.  It's the third ROME.  The first two are gone.

I tend to be dramatic about things.  ;D

Thanks for this place.  I hope it stays forever and ever.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 02:24:08 pm »
Thank you Philip for sharing your thoughts. I'm also happy you letting us be in this place. It's truly peaceful and nice. It also has much better features than most boards do.  Gracias!!! (as we say here in Spain!).
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.