Author Topic: NC-17 RATED FUN: LET'S GET REAL HERE--How Many of Us Have Been SWOONING Nonstop?  (Read 484542 times)

rtprod

DISCLAIMER: THIS THREAD MAY CONTAIN CONTENT THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE SUITABLE FOR MEMBERS UNDER 17!  READERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED! 

BETTERMOST POLICY ALSO PROHIBITS THE POSTING OF ANY PHOTOS THAT CONTAIN NUDITY!  BETTERMOST IS A SITE OPEN TO ALL - INCLUDING MINORS SO PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND WHEN POSTING!

UPDATED:  There are some NC-17 rated, very funny posts below (Thanks Mandy! ;D) but really I just thought this thread would get more attention with the new, improved title, so there you go!

Okay, I know how much we love this film and why we love it -- its brilliant, hearfelt acting and writing, the obvious artistry and craftsmanship in its construction, the deep and haunting characters and themes, the maverick Western myths infused with tenderness, characters we care deeply about and live with each day, transformations we've had in our lives or breakthroughs the film has inspired, friendships that have been born from the film and most of all, Jack and Ennis themselves who have become a part of our hearts and minds. 

BUT, actors--Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal--aside... 

How many of us simply swoon about either Ennis or Jack nearly all day long, fantasizing about what heaven it must be like to hold them?  How romantic it would be on the range to comfort one of them?  How secure you'd feel having one of them around 24/7 to protect you from any marauding bears?  How you'd give up your next child or any comfort of life to shovel ashphalt with one of them?  How when your significant other is holding you in bed you imagine trading places with one of them in the motel scene?  How you wake up each morning and go to bed each night thinking about Ennis or Jack and how you'd like to save either of them from the doldrums of Alma and Lureen?  What life would be like to sit with Jack at the Twist home and have that piece of cherry cake?  Or to have Ennis defend your honor from some potty-mouthed thugs?  Oh my lord........ If you've found yourself in the camping aisle of Target contemplating a tent purchase (and you live in a major metro area to boot), or even getting a lump in the throat when you hear the chords of "Horse Love," I'd say something--or someone--has got you good. 

You have no idea how good it felt to type that paragraph so I guess I'm guilty as charged (and I'm a journalist in the biz, as most of you know, and I'm supposed to be above all this).

rt  ;) 

« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 03:54:42 pm by Phillip »

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
LOL!!!  I think that your post is what you'd call "not objective".  But I totally know where you're coming from.  It's all about Jack for me - I keep thinking "I wouldn't dick you around like that!" hahaha.  But then, I'm a girl, so it's a little more difficult to imagine switching places with Ennis.  However, I am in a constant state of swoon, and have been since Dec. 19th when I first saw the movie.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 02:12:50 pm by Nicole »
   Cowboys do it better

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
You know what?  I'm grown woman with a family and all I could think about is being the ham in that Jack and Ennis sandwich.
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Haha. Love this thread! I don't think I've gotten as deep as wanting a slice of the cherry cake offered by Mrs. Twist, but I've been swooning for them since the beginning of December.

...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

rtprod

How funny!

I've been thinking about Ennis nonstop since mid-November. 

It's a beautiful thing.

rt

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
I've started calling my husband Ennis. Not all the time, but in certain moments he gets a "Hey, En."

As (I think) everyone knows here, I have started writing fanfic so I can rationalize to myself that I actually have a reason to fantasize about them day and night.

Although I might draw the line at giving up my first or second-born child, I'd do all the other things on your list.

I had a crush on the Sundance Kid way back when but it ain't nothin' like this one.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

rtprod

I was flipped in love with Bobby Morrow, the character Colin Farrell plays in A Home at the End of the World, and I mean in love.  That is the most precious child-man I have ever seen in a film--a person who dramatically enriches and affects the lives of each person he comes into contact with, regardless of age, gender, background or disposition.  He is vulnerable and tender, sexually open, liberated, sweet-souled, wants to love and be needed.  Farrell captured this brilliantly.  I eased off it in time and now, when I watch the movie, I feel nervous before he appears onscreen--like I'm seeing an ex that I still have a thing for!   

Strange but true tale! 

Now that I have Ennis, it's helped me get over Bobby!   ;D
« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 02:25:37 pm by rtprod »

EnnisDelMar

Oh how great it would be to have Ennis here..we'd be good friends.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Oh, I freely confess, guilty as charged, Jake/Jack is my dream young-cowboy lover. I fall asleep at night just imagining holding him in a tent on top of a mountain somewhere.

To have someone that sweet and caring and tender as well as that handsome as totally in love with you as Jack is with Ennis? My mama may have raised a faggot but she didn't raise no fool!

(And once upon a time I guess I would have gotten into a fight with my buddy Leslie over the Sundance Kid. As much as I am against remaking classic movies, I also confess a secret fantasy of Heath and Jake as Butch and Sundance.)

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
That is the most precious child-man I have ever seen in a film--a person who dramatically enriches and affects the lives of each person he comes into contact with, regardless of age, gender, background or disposition.  He is vulnerable and tender, sexually open, liberated, sweet-souled, wants to loved and be needed.  When I watch the movie, I feel nervous before he appears onscreen--like I'm seeing an ex that I still have a thing for!

How interesting.  You just described exactly how I feel about Jack.  I must admit I've never seen A Home At The End of the World - but you make me want to in the hopes I'll be able to get over Jack!  I *really* enjoyed Colin Farrell in Tigerland.  Not so much that I can even remember the character's name offhand, so it doesn't hold a candle to this - but I can get a tiny inkling about what you're talking about here.

My heart just aches for Ennis.  But in a motherly kind of way.  Jack, I want.  And I want him BAD.

Gotta go splash my face or... somethin'.
No more beans!