Author Topic: NC-17 RATED FUN: LET'S GET REAL HERE--How Many of Us Have Been SWOONING Nonstop?  (Read 488402 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
I agree...even without Jack, that marriage was doomed. They had money to fight about, Ennis had nothing but dead end jobs--the fact that Jack was "out there" and Ennis was gay was almost secondary  to the other issues they were dealing with in their mostly crummy marriage.

Agreed! Ennis's relationship with Jack was a part of it, but in Annie Proulx's original story, Jack was just one item in a whole catalogue of resentments building up in Alma. Elsewhere, I've gone so far as to say I think it's possible Alma might have tolerated Jack if Ennis had been a better husband and provider.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
Okay, I was gone for 24 hours and the best thread in a long time has been going on without me!  I was directed here by  Bruce Wayne (rt) (thanks by the way!) and I insist that we continue it, so I'm bumping.  However, I have to go pick up my car from the mechanic now - I'll be back in about 45 minutes.  Everybody think of what you'd like to talk about, lol.  And Barb - hands free????  Seriously????? That is talent!!  I wish I could do that!
   Cowboys do it better

rtprod

Nicole,

THANKS!!!! When you get back, you give us a topic and the panel will weigh in.  Just please stay out of Sue Johanson territory, got it?    ;D ;D ;D

rt

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Good stuff, good stuff...

Juan

Y'all are so cute! This part made me giggle...almost as if you trailed off into a daydream.
I have always hated the phrase gun's goin' off in the book and I'm really glad it was left out of the movie. I seem to be in the minority on that though.
I am a female and I have no idea what y'all mean by hand's free.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.

And, on another topic, Ennis was clearly the bottom in the motel scene, in the story...

What does it say in the story, exactly?
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
I always found the line, "gun's goin' off" to be a little weird...   ::)
Actually when I read that line in the story, something in me thought, ohhhh he's done this before.  No idea why.

Ruffalo
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
It says, "...Jack blew foreceful cigarette clouds like whale spouts, and said, 'Christ it got to be all that time a yours a-horseback makes it so goddam good.'"
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page

Stacey, Barb said in one of her posts that she can um.......achieve um....."release" just from watching certain scenes.  That's what I meant by "hands free".  The ability to do that would have made my theater experiences a hell of a lot more interesting!  :D
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
Nicole,

THANKS!!!! When you get back, you give us a topic and the panel will weigh in.  Just please stay out of Sue Johanson territory, got it?    ;D ;D ;D

rt

You best not be knocking Sue Johanson!  She's a national treasure here in Canada - "Sex With Sue" was reqired viewing for a certain generation every Sunday night.  Especially when she got out the dolls to illustrate positions, etc.  LOL.

Cowboys do it better

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.

Stacey, Barb said in one of her posts that she can um.......achieve um....."release" just from watching certain scenes.  That's what I meant by "hands free".  The ability to do that would have made my theater experiences a hell of a lot more interesting!  :D

Oh. I think I feel shocked and traumatized.
(So traumatized that I had to retype what I wrote because I wasn't on the home row.)