Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 152207 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2020, 06:42:31 pm »
LOL, a group of men gathered at a Steamboat Springs house and refused to leave, so the female roommate called the police. They were arrested for violating the stay-at-home order, hauled in to the pokey and had to spend the night in jail. Hopefully in a small cell, haha.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/colorado-arrests-coronavirus-stay-at-home-order-steamboat-springs

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2020, 08:24:07 pm »
Cracks are appearing...they're honking, congregating and protesting in Michigan even though there are 25K cases there and 1,600 deaths.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2020, 08:47:15 pm »
I took a walk around my neighborhood this afternoon because I hadn't been out of my building since, I think it was, Friday. It's quite eerie how few people are around. Even eerier is how businesses have their windows boarded up. I'm sure it's because the owners are afraid of looters (frightening that they're afraid of looters), but it makes the neighborhood look abandoned.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2020, 10:33:34 pm »
Our PM just gave the regular 1pm briefing and it has made me more miserable.
While numbers are continuing to decline, just 15 new cases today,  she outlined level 3 which we may go down to next Thursday, they will make the decision on Monday.
It will hardly make a difference to me. Cafes etc will remain closed, cooked food deliveries may be allowed, not sure about my local fish 'n chips shop as they do not deliver, I have to collect.  Retail shops other than supermarkets will remain closed, I was hoping I may be able to go to the garden/hardware store. I may be able to get a delivery of an online order. 
Schools will reopen for younger children (under 15) whose parents cannot stay home, but keeping them home is preferable.
I may be able to get my lawn mowed as long as I keep away from the guy when he comes. It just needs one more tidy up before winter really sets in. It has been cold with inland snow over the last few days.
Exercise is still not to involve driving anywhere
I can open up my bubble to a visit by one or two relatives, but my only relatives live in Australia.
She acknowledged it was hard for older people living alone.
Funerals and weddings can have up to 10 people, at the moment weddings banned and no-one except priest and undertaker at funeral. However only a service, no food .

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2020, 09:33:38 am »
When I spoke to my father last evening, he told me that whenever he goes to the supermarket where he shops (and uses the pharmacy for his meds), the store is out of toilet paper. As much as I hate to think of him running around to stores, I told him he is going to have to start checking other places (pharmacies and supermarkets).

So jokes about people hoarding toilet paper are no longer funny when a 90-year-old man can't find any and has to risk his health and safety traveling from store to store to look for some.

(He's down to three rolls. I'd be hunting for it, too, if that was all I had.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2020, 10:01:43 am »
Could you order some for him online and have it delivered?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2020, 11:18:46 am »
Could you order some for him online and have it delivered?

I don't know. Interesting thought.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2020, 10:15:21 pm »
I think you can find TP on amazon, and have it delivered to him.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2020, 08:39:31 am »
I think you can find TP on amazon, and have it delivered to him.

If you can find someone who has it for sale. A neighbor told me yesterday that they couldn't find any on Amazon anymore. But that's anecdotal. I have not tried to look myself.

I guess I'm the last person on earth who almost never shops Amazon. Whenever I've tried to look for something other than a book or a movie, the search returns have been so overwhelming that I gave up--which, of course, I realize, does not improve my Amazon search skills. But who has time to search through hundreds, sometimes even thousands, of entries?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2020, 09:55:10 am »
If you can find someone who has it for sale. A neighbor told me yesterday that they couldn't find any on Amazon anymore. But that's anecdotal. I have not tried to look myself.

I guess I'm the last person on earth who almost never shops Amazon. Whenever I've tried to look for something other than a book or a movie, the search returns have been so overwhelming that I gave up--which, of course, I realize, does not improve my Amazon search skills. But who has time to search through hundreds, sometimes even thousands, of entries?

I'm on an Amazon "subscribe and save" plan that regularly delivers staples monthly or every few months, depending on how you set it: coffee, dish soap, hand soap, paper towels and, until now, toilet paper. You get a small discount on the items and save having to either contantly refill those supplies or wrestle giant packages home from Target. Conveniently, I happen to have over-ordered toilet paper before the virus hit -- I had two 27-roll packages -- so I had, and still have, plenty. I noticed, though, that around that time they removed TP from the products available through the S&S program.

OK, I just looked up toilet paper on Amazon. There are a lot of different kinds -- brands, sizes of packages, etc. -- and some say "currently unavailable," but others seem to be available. They seem kind of expensive, although I don't remember how much TP cost before. And the brand selection isn't very big. But it seems like this could be a solution for you and your dad.