Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 152130 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #240 on: July 01, 2020, 04:55:24 pm »

We just had a bulletin on the news about a cluster of Covid-19 cases in NY.

Apparently someone had a house party on June 17th in the West Nyack area.  The host had Covid-19 and was symptomatic, and had the party anyway, and now 8 guests have tested positive for the virus, and there is another test pending.

The eight partygoers were not cooperating with tracers seeking to reach out to anyone they had come in contact with, and face $2,000-a-day fines and subpoenas compelling them to cooperate.   all those that have been tested are in their early 20s.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #241 on: July 01, 2020, 10:38:43 pm »
It's enough to make even Simon Cowell cringe in frustration!

Kidding, but that sounds awful. The host had symptoms and held a party anyway? What is wrong with people?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #242 on: July 03, 2020, 11:49:56 am »
I realized yesterday that if I believed in a God who micromanaged human affairs to punish people or teach them lessons, I would suspect this is related to that time Donald Trump called other places "shithole countries."

Now we're the shithole country.

Not that we weren't going in that direction even at the time, what with higher infant mortality rate and other undesirable statistics relative to other developed countries.

But now it's so, so much worse.

I read about kids in Alabama who hold "COVID parties" where they TRY to get it. I can see why people elsewhere think Americans are idiots. Many of us are! (Present company excepted, of course.  :))

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #243 on: July 03, 2020, 11:56:36 am »
Alabama college students are throwing 'COVID parties' where they invite infected people and gamble on who gets sick first, officials say

(Ashley Collman)  1 day ago

College students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, have been throwing parties where they invite people infected with the coronavirus and gamble on who comes down with the illness first, city officials said.

Tuscaloosa City Councilor Sonya McKinstry told ABC News about the practice on Wednesday. Tuscaloosa Fire Chief Randy Smith first reported the parties at a pre-council meeting on Tuesday, according to WBMA.

Smith said the fire service had received reports of students throwing parties and inviting "known positives," but thought it was "a rumor at first."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/alabama-college-students-are-throwing-covid-parties-where-they-invite-infected-people-and-gamble-on-who-gets-sick-first-officials-say/ar-BB16fpPo

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #244 on: July 04, 2020, 11:37:11 am »

You'd better keep that gif handy at least through November.  :-\

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2020, 11:46:16 am »
Unfortunately, I think you're right.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2020, 01:48:21 am »
This makes me so proud and thankful to live in my adopted country.
https://twitter.com/WHO/status/1280426694680158215
It was hell for 7 weeks but now everything is normal except for our borders. They are now restricting NZ'ers from coming home as so many want to get back but the quarantine hotels cannot cope with the numbers.
I wish Australia had gone as hard. Numbers are rising again in the southern state of Victoria and state borders have been closed. They have just gone back to level 3. NZ went to Level 4, Australia never went that hard.  NZ was 5 weeks at level 4 then 2 weeks at level 3 before another 2 weeks at level 2, now we are at level 1. At level 4 nothing as allowed open except medical centres, pharmacies and supermarkets, no other type of food shops and no restaurants and no takeaways.
I am just sad that it is unlikely I will go back and visit my sister and friends in Australia this year and just hope that the border restrictions between states keep Sydney safe for them.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #247 on: July 08, 2020, 12:15:03 pm »
that's great, Brian.

Leaders over there did what they needed to do, and kept their citizens safe. 

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #248 on: July 10, 2020, 06:16:51 pm »
Just look what's happening in the US...disgraceful how we've dropped the ball.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2020, 10:33:41 am »
Seriously, I was thinking last night that the United States has indeed become a shithole country.

The supposed most advanced country in the world has fallen into chaos because we have an insane clueless wannabe-dictator leader and a lot of extremely not-bright voters. And while I would hope that much of the rest of the world knows not all Americans are on board with Trump, it might not be that simple. When another country is taken over by an insane dictator in a coup, I assume many citizens aren't on board. But Trump was put into office by the very political system people thought was the best anywhere.

Obviously we'd have been better off today under Hillary Clinton or just about anybody. I used to toy with the notion that having, say, Ted Cruz or Paul Ryan in office would be as bad or worse than Trump, because they'd hold the same draconian policies but make it all look more respectable and presidential. But I don't think they would have gotten us into this. And at this point, I'm not even sure their policies would be as draconian. Certainly not as racist and idiotic.

I sometimes wonder what Derek Chauvin, the cop who killed George Floyd, thinks as he sits in his jail cell, about what his murder has wrought. It literally changed the nature of the country and the world. Trump has done the same on an even broader scale.