Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 152032 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #500 on: April 08, 2021, 01:29:14 pm »
Congrats, Katy!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #501 on: April 08, 2021, 02:30:03 pm »
I'll recommend your method, Jeff!

My guess is it wouldn't work with a doctor's office or clinic or large drugstore. If he can find a small drugstore that gives the shots, as I did, he might have better luck.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #502 on: April 09, 2021, 08:26:50 am »
Feels kind of weird being half-vaccinated.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #503 on: April 09, 2021, 10:13:07 am »
I know. Are we sort of half immune now? That is, we could still get it but are less likely to, or it would be a milder case?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #504 on: April 09, 2021, 10:33:07 am »
I know. Are we sort of half immune now? That is, we could still get it but are less likely to, or it would be a milder case?

Ya got me.

I was told to call a few days before April 28 to make an appointment for my second shot. I think I'm going to call next week to see if they'll make me an appointment that far ahead. I'm concerned about what might happen after April 19, when everyone becomes eligible for an appointment.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #505 on: April 09, 2021, 05:14:22 pm »
Ya got me.

I was told to call a few days before April 28 to make an appointment for my second shot. I think I'm going to call next week to see if they'll make me an appointment that far ahead. I'm concerned about what might happen after April 19, when everyone becomes eligible for an appointment.

When I went in for my first shot Wednesday, they automatically set me up for the second one. But what was weird was they scheduled it for May 5. I thought the shots were two weeks apart. Or is it at least two weeks apart?

I had no ill effects whatsoever. Even the shot didn't hurt. Just now I rubbed my shoulder and noticed it's very slightly painful. But all I have to do is not rub my shoulder!  :laugh:

Here's hoping the second one is this easy.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #506 on: April 09, 2021, 09:00:45 pm »
When I went in for my first shot Wednesday, they automatically set me up for the second one. But what was weird was they scheduled it for May 5. I thought the shots were two weeks apart. Or is it at least two weeks apart?

Oh, no. Moderna is four weeks apart, and Pfizer (the one I got) is three weeks apart.

When my dad had his first shot, he was given an appointment for the second shot. He had his in his primary doctor's office, and didn't you have yours at a clinic? I got mine at a pharmacy. Maybe that makes the difference.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #507 on: April 10, 2021, 10:13:16 am »
Oh, no. Moderna is four weeks apart, and Pfizer (the one I got) is three weeks apart.

When my dad had his first shot, he was given an appointment for the second shot. He had his in his primary doctor's office, and didn't you have yours at a clinic? I got mine at a pharmacy. Maybe that makes the difference.

Yes, I got mine at my usual clinic. So if you go to a pharmacy and it's time for the second shot do you have to desperately look around for a place to get it?

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #508 on: April 10, 2021, 05:51:04 pm »
Yes, I got mine at my usual clinic. So if you go to a pharmacy and it's time for the second shot do you have to desperately look around for a place to get it?

When I showed up for my first shot at the pharmacy, they gave me an appointment for the second shot.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #509 on: April 11, 2021, 04:03:50 pm »

No, you go back to the same pharmacy. That's where they have the record of your first shot.

I was told to call a few days ahead of the 28th to make an appointment. I was surprised to get an e-mail yesterday that said the pharmacy would remind me a few days ahead of the date, probably to call for an appointment. I may try calling some time this week anyway to see what happens.

When I got #1, I asked about being given an appointment for the second dose. That's when I was told to call.