Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 152029 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #650 on: August 26, 2021, 07:58:39 pm »
My husband's company turned back full throttle from everybody working at home to all employees working in the office as soon as the laws allowed it. I had hoped they'd find a half and half regulation, or anything like Chuckie's company, to have space for distancing - but no. >:( They also have to qear masks everywhere except at their own desks.

I'll go back to work tomorrow after almost 5 weeks. I'll see what fun new things my employer will have thought of.... ;D

Good luck, Chrissi!!!   I hope your husband's office reconsiders and has fewer people going to the office.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #651 on: August 26, 2021, 08:00:31 pm »
She's an idiot. Or selfish. Or a selfish idiot. Or a narcissist.

all of the above.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #652 on: August 27, 2021, 12:50:31 pm »
She's an idiot. Or selfish. Or a selfish idiot. Or a narcissist.

all of the above.

Tell you what: she's a nurse in a hospital. Unbelievable :o :-X
At least today she called and apologized herself profundly.

My boss will call her over the weekend and ask for the test results of the child. She (the boss) will then call all of us coworkers who had contact with said child.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #653 on: August 27, 2021, 01:32:24 pm »
Tell you what: she's a nurse in a hospital. Unbelievable :o :-X

Unbelievable is the word for it.

At least today she called and apologized herself profundly.

As well she might!  >:(

Of course we have many nurses over here who refused to be vaccinated because they said the Pfizer hadn't received its final approval. Well, now it has, so we'll see what happens. Now they have no excuse, though some will probably come up with another.

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #654 on: September 15, 2021, 08:58:06 am »
As I expected, we were informed yesterday that we will have to be completely vaccinated in order to return to work in the office.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #655 on: September 15, 2021, 09:02:02 pm »
I don't think my company has taken that stance yet, but they've issued a statement that they want all employees to upload all of their vaccination cards to their benefits page on the company website, so I'm assuming it's going to that direction.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #656 on: September 16, 2021, 09:40:56 pm »
I joked on Facebook that I was tempted to pose as an anti-vaxxer so I could keep working from home.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #657 on: September 17, 2021, 10:55:18 am »
Are people required to come back to work in the office? I can see occasional staff meetings as a requirement, but if you've proven that you can work well at home, why should you be forced back into the office?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #658 on: September 17, 2021, 01:58:26 pm »
I'm sure it varies from one office to another. Mine hasn't asked anybody to come back (though some have been working there). I think it will remain either optional or maybe hybrid indefinitely. I'm now on a team with only one other person, so we meet at a coffee shop and there's no compelling reason to go in.

I do miss one thing about my Saturday shift. I've been working Saturdays for a couple of years and like it -- it's a very different vibe. When we were still in the office a lot of the nearby downtown restaurants are closed, so people would bring in a big smorgasbord of snacks.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #659 on: September 17, 2021, 09:27:45 pm »
We're going to be offering all-work-at-home, all-work-in-the-office, or some combination, the "hybrid" form.

For some years before Covid we already had a program where you could work at home two days a week, and you had to be in the office the other three, so the "hybrid" won't be much different than that.