Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 151887 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #670 on: November 15, 2021, 08:23:33 pm »
I agree a hunert percent! I like what you say about being "independent of any man or patriarchal system." Why is that so revolutionary? Men aren't in thrall to women but have their own autonomy and sovereignty. Unless they're enslaved or addicted in some way. We women live in unnatural enslavement, even in this age.

And it amounts to double enslavement, because women, in order to get by, have to hand their children over to low-paid workers, mostly women, who are themselves enslaved by the low value given to child care, when it ought to be our highest priority!

On another note, I saw a jarring sight today. In the back yard next to mine, a young woman was walking around with her dog, and she was wearing a mask. Isn't that going a little too far, wearing a mask in your own back yard with only your dog as company?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #671 on: November 16, 2021, 12:02:22 pm »
On another note, I saw a jarring sight today. In the back yard next to mine, a young woman was walking around with her dog, and she was wearing a mask. Isn't that going a little too far, wearing a mask in your own back yard with only your dog as company?

I would have thought that was going too far even pre-vaccine!

And it amounts to double enslavement, because women, in order to get by, have to hand their children over to low-paid workers, mostly women, who are themselves enslaved by the low value given to child care, when it ought to be our highest priority!

I agree hunert percent that child-care workers are not paid well enough because our culture doesn't value the work of child care and because it has traditionally been done by women. Of course, the workers can only be better paid if the government helps out, because most families can't afford to pay a lot for the service, which can cost as much as college tuition. And because that's unaffordable for many families, especially those with multiple children, one parent often has to drop out of the workforce to care for the kids, and it usually it makes sense for the lower-paid parent, which of course is often the mother, and there we are back to having stay-at-home child care overwhelmingly performed by women, who by staying home put their own financial future in jeopardy.

I would add, though, that men also have to hand their children over to child-care workers -- their responsibility as parents is equal to women's.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #672 on: November 16, 2021, 12:29:21 pm »
I'm not disputing anything, but I do wonder what's going to happen going forward, with our new work-at-home culture.

On the other hand, presumably the women/mothers who work at home will be in higher-paying jobs to begin with (so in a two-income household I presume they would be in a better position to afford child care), while women/mothers who have low-paying jobs (service industries) will still be in the fix they're in now.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #673 on: November 23, 2021, 12:40:29 pm »
... I saw a jarring sight today. In the back yard next to mine, a young woman was walking around with her dog, and she was wearing a mask. Isn't that going a little too far, wearing a mask in your own back yard with only your dog as company?

I've seen more people wearing masks outside. Apparently it's because of the wind, dry leaves, and lack of moisture that is stirring up seasonal allergies. We haven't had a freeze or snow in Denver yet and it's the longest fall in 87 years.  :o

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #674 on: November 23, 2021, 12:42:10 pm »
I was supposed to get together with a friend to walk in the botanic gardens but he texted me that he's sick and going for a COVID test. He's already been sick with COVID twice last year when he was living in Alabama.  :o

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #675 on: November 25, 2021, 08:42:36 pm »
Ugh, I wish him well.

Mom, dad and Chris all got their booster shots last week.  No side effects.  I'm going for mine tomorrow.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #676 on: November 25, 2021, 09:33:09 pm »
Ugh, I wish him well.

Mom, dad and Chris all got their booster shots last week.  No side effects.  I'm going for mine tomorrow.

I get mine on Monday.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #677 on: November 26, 2021, 02:02:11 pm »
I got mine last week. No side effects whatsoever.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #678 on: November 26, 2021, 02:27:46 pm »
I wonder if the immunizations will be effective against this "omicron" variant that has cropped up.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #679 on: November 26, 2021, 04:07:35 pm »

I just got back from getting my booster.  It was slow (working from home today) so I took a chance and ran out to get it, and got back, no emails were waiting for me to respond to.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!