Author Topic: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything  (Read 152163 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Corona - what does help you? Your fears, thoughts, everything
« Reply #680 on: November 29, 2021, 10:54:22 pm »
Got the booster today. I've also got a sore arm.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #681 on: December 01, 2021, 09:00:07 pm »
Good for you!!! ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #682 on: December 02, 2021, 02:27:21 pm »
Did you see that Trump met with families that had lost children, went to a campaign rally, hobnobbed with staff and the Supreme Court nominee, and stood on a debate stage with Joe Biden, knowing that he had tested positive for COVID several days before? And his family refused to put on masks and sat in a crowded audience maskless? They all claimed that the Sept. 26 test was a "false positive." Yeah, sure. But then they actually fell ill a few days later and Trump had to be airlifted to the hospital on October 2. Who knows how many people they infected? Greg Sargent of WAPO says, "this stands as yet another example of our total underestimation of this clan?s depraved disregard for rules, norms, and any sense of basic decency and responsibility to those around them."  >:(
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #683 on: December 03, 2021, 01:47:26 pm »
I did see that. I wished it would make Trump supporters go "Whoa!" and back up. But in fact they probably see it as some kind of act of heroism.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #684 on: December 03, 2021, 03:37:49 pm »
Fill in the blank: May the whole clan of them catch omicron and ______ .
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #685 on: December 03, 2021, 05:57:59 pm »
...be impaled on a giant flower frog!!  :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #686 on: December 18, 2021, 11:24:25 am »
The projections about the spread of this omicron variant are kind of scary. I've decided to keep track of all the people I encounter, as well as I can, so I can do my own contact tracing if necessary. I'm in reasonably good health overall, so if I do come down with the virus I should be able to recover, but I don't want to give it to someone vulnerable.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #687 on: December 18, 2021, 01:59:00 pm »
I am seriously reconsidering my decision to return to my office January 3. Omicron is getting me very worried about taking public transportation.

This week our local TV news ran a story about a local 15-year-old girl who died of Covid. She was overweight but had no other predisposing conditions. I do not remember for sure if she had been vaccinated, but I think she was.

What was the point of the story? Scaring people?

Two friends individually backed out of  restaurant dinner this evening. One said he wasn't feeling well (non-Covid symptoms), and the other woke up this morning feeling very "congested." He told his son not to come for lunch and took a home Covid test. The results were negative. but he said he would test himself again in a few days. He recommended I go the drugstore and get a home test kit.

I'm so frequently congested as it is that I wouldn't even think it was Covid unless I had other symptoms.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #688 on: December 18, 2021, 08:32:17 pm »

This week our local TV news ran a story about a local 15-year-old girl who died of Covid. She was overweight but had no other predisposing conditions. I do not remember for sure if she had been vaccinated, but I think she was.

I think the point of the story was to report the news and facts. A 15-year-old dying of COVID is news. The media are trying to keep people informed.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #689 on: December 19, 2021, 02:38:08 pm »
I am seriously reconsidering my decision to return to my office January 3. Omicron is getting me very worried about taking public transportation.

I think the point of the story was to report the news and facts. A 15-year-old dying of COVID is news. The media are trying to keep people informed.

I think personally I would want some extra element. A 15-yo dying of COVID is unusual but sadly not unique. According to this chart, https://data.cdc.gov/widgets/9bhg-hcku?mobile_redirect=true if I'm reading it correctly, there's been 655 deaths among ages 0 to 17, so averaging 13 per state.

But whether or not she's vaccinated would qualify as an extra element. Especially if she's not vaccinated because her parents are antivaxxers.

Here's an excellent story by a colleague contrasting COVID experiences for the vaxxed and unvaxxed. 

http://www.startribune.com/unvaccinated-patients-are-filling-minnesotas-intensive-care-units/600126172/