Author Topic: Life at the Lazy L  (Read 74451 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Christmas at the LazyL
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2006, 11:09:29 am »
Hi Jack and Ennis!

I didn't have your mailing address, so I thought I'd sent you an electonic Christmas card!

Have a Merry one!

David

Offline LazyLJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Our friend MaineWriter: Read her stuff!
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2006, 11:10:25 am »
Jack,

Have you ever roasted a goose? I used to think it was greasy, and then someone taught me the proper way to roast it.  A  rotisserie if you have that, or if you don't, put some kind of rack, like one of those cooling racks for cakes, in the roasting pan and put the goose on top of that. Use the baster to make sure it isn't sitting in its own grease, and poke the skin with a fork several times before roasting. Very tasty! and not at all greasy.

To be honest, no, I haven't roasted a goose but with your advice, maybe I'll try.

About 75 acres of the farm are leased to the Quanah Rod and Gun Club. This started back when Hal was still alive and we have just kept up the lease all these years. It would be too hard to turn the land back to farming and we don't need that much space for horses. Anyway, Ennis and I usually do some bird hunting with the boys...quail and pheasant. Ennis prefers hunting big animals but there ain't much of that around here, so we make do with the birds in between our trips to Wyoming.

I suppose you are going to want a quail recipe now, aren't you? I'll see what I can find in my files. LOL

And thanks for sharing your recipe. I am always looking for something different to do with leftover chicken!

Love to you,

Jack
Jack & Ennis
Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX

Offline LazyLJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2006, 11:12:24 am »
Hi Jack and Ennis!

I didn't have your mailing address, so I thought I'd sent you an electonic Christmas card!

Have a Merry one!

David

We have it from a reliable source that you are a horndog and it sure looks like you are living up to that reputation! LOL

THANKS for the card!!

Hugs,

Jack
Jack & Ennis
Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2006, 11:16:10 am »
We have it from a reliable source that you are a horndog and it sure looks like you are living up to that reputation! LOL

THANKS for the card!!

Hugs,

Jack

Nah!   More of a hopeless romantic!     OK,  part horndog too!    He he he!

Offline LazyLJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2006, 11:17:45 am »
Hey Jack, welcome to Bettermost! Do you think you will ever be able to convince Ennis to take a trip to Europe for Christmas? You won't have any problems finding places to stay!

:-*

A trip to Europe for Christmas? That sure sounds special. Don't they have whole towns that get all decorated in a special Christmas theme? I think I read about that, once.

I'd like to go to Europe someday, but haven't been there yet. Our friend MaineWriter (Leslie) has been a bunch of times and just tells great stories about the sights she has seen, and the people, and the fabulous food.

Maybe one of these days...one of the good things about Brokeback Mountain is that suddenly we feel like we have friends all over the world! We could spend the rest of our lives visiting them...

Hugs to you,

Jack
Jack & Ennis
Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX

Offline LazyLJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2006, 11:19:07 am »
Jack and Ennis,

This doesn't have anything to do with Christmas, but I am so excited!

Marge_Innavera wrote a great article about "Tom of Finland" in The Daily Sheet at davecullen.com:

http://davecullen.com/forum/index.php?topic=18557.msg635353#msg635353

She mentions A Love Born From Steel and how you guys discovered Hal's old collection of Physique Pictoral magazines. The article has pictures, too!

If you want to re-read that particular chapter, the link is here:

http://lazylfarm.livejournal.com/5121.html

Enjoy!

Leslie

Darlin,

Ain't that grand? We are sure proud of you, sweet thing.

Hugs,

Jack
Jack & Ennis
Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX

mvansand76

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2006, 11:30:46 am »
A trip to Europe for Christmas? That sure sounds special. Don't they have whole towns that get all decorated in a special Christmas theme? I think I read about that, once.

I'd like to go to Europe someday, but haven't been there yet. Our friend MaineWriter (Leslie) has been a bunch of times and just tells great stories about the sights she has seen, and the people, and the fabulous food.

Maybe one of these days...one of the good things about Brokeback Mountain is that suddenly we feel like we have friends all over the world! We could spend the rest of our lives visiting them...

Hugs to you,

Jack

Oh you will absolutely love it here, Jack. Ennis might have a hard time adjusting to the European way of life, though. But we will help him with that. Go visit the mountains of Switserland if you do make it to Europe. They are as beautiful as the Tetons.

By the way, who drew your lovely avatar?

Mel

Offline LazyLJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2006, 11:45:49 am »
Oh you will absolutely love it here, Jack. Ennis might have a hard time adjusting to the European way of life, though. But we will help him with that. Go visit the mountains of Switserland if you do make it to Europe. They are as beautiful as the Tetons.

By the way, who drew your lovely avatar?

Mel

MaineWriter has been to Switzerland and said it was breathtaking. She took a boat trip on Lake Lucerne, then went to the top of Mount Pilatus. It is definitely on the list to visit, if we get there. And Ennis...I'm sure he'll do fine. No one can resist that man, least of all me!

Jenny drew that picture, way back when. I found it on the floor, bought a frame for it and put it on the dresser....where it has been for 30 years.

Hugs,

Jack
Jack & Ennis
Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2006, 05:41:55 pm »
Jack and Ennis,

Just wanted to join the ranks of folks popping in to wish you all happy holidays!!

Thanks so much for sharing your life with us!  Sure means alot.

:)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

mvansand76

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2006, 06:11:13 pm »
MaineWriter has been to Switzerland and said it was breathtaking. She took a boat trip on Lake Lucerne, then went to the top of Mount Pilatus. It is definitely on the list to visit, if we get there. And Ennis...I'm sure he'll do fine. No one can resist that man, least of all me!

Jenny drew that picture, way back when. I found it on the floor, bought a frame for it and put it on the dresser....where it has been for 30 years.

Hugs,

Jack

Oh Luzern is beautiful, I can also recommend Valais and Saas Fee in the south of Switserland... Ennis will definitely feel at home there!

That picture is so cute!

Have a wonderful Christmas!  ;D

Mel