Author Topic: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?  (Read 278293 times)

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: What Are You Doing for New Year's Eve?
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2007, 04:51:33 pm »
Great pics, Lee!   ;D
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2007, 03:28:02 pm »
Lee, I'm just catching up with this thread. Thanks for posting the pictures of the fireworks that we got there too late to see (mostly)! So we missed the excitement, but got in on the shivering.  :-\

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2007, 06:50:39 am »
Not a clue Lee.

Come do NY's Eve with US!
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2007, 03:55:22 pm »
I would love to, Jack! You gonna be in town this NYE? I'm gonna be in Arizona at a spa for this one. Last winter held too many blizzards for my taste, so I'm gonna be a snow bunny and escape this year. But I'll be online with you for sure!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2007, 04:45:45 pm »
This New Year's Eve, Mr. Meno, MiniMeno, GrandmaMeno, AuntieMeno, and I will be at GrandmaMeno's house in Virginia for the last time.  Soon after that she will be moving closer to us, which is a good thing, but the knowledge that that part of all our past is closing is bittersweet. 

As a family, we have always been bicoastal, some of us East, and some of us West, sometimes flip-flopping, always a family reason to travel to the other coast.  Over the last few years, we have all moved West, seemingly for the long haul, with GrandmaMeno the last to make the move.

I love my West Coast present and vision of the future, but I am New York City born and raised.  I guess I'll have to grow up more now, and not just go places where I have family.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2007, 12:35:57 pm »
At this point I'm planning to make myself a dinner of steak and my favorite pasta casserole, then smarten up and go out and get drunk, same as any New Year's Eve.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2007, 12:47:59 pm »
Our new year's eve starts at 3 in the afternoon. We'll meet up with my sister and sister in law and their family and some friends and go for a walk in the woods (let's hope it doesn't rain!). Afterwards we'll go to the pub for a pre new years's eve drink (trappist beer probably, yummy).
And then we'll all move to my sister's place and have a winter barbecue (again weather permitting). We'll organise a quiz and play some board games with the kids and just have a good time.

I'm looking forward to it.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2007, 02:19:33 pm »
Jeff and Fabienne, I'll take either of your evenings.  Sounds good.  8)

I'll be in northern Indiana at my brother's (missing you out East again, Elle!).  It's their wedding anniversary, so we'll probably do something special, like go out to eat or drive into Chicago.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2007, 03:06:20 pm »
This New Year's Eve, Mr. Meno, MiniMeno, GrandmaMeno, AuntieMeno, and I will be at GrandmaMeno's house in Virginia for the last time.  Soon after that she will be moving closer to us, which is a good thing, but the knowledge that that part of all our past is closing is bittersweet. 

As a family, we have always been bicoastal, some of us East, and some of us West, sometimes flip-flopping, always a family reason to travel to the other coast.  Over the last few years, we have all moved West, seemingly for the long haul, with GrandmaMeno the last to make the move.

I love my West Coast present and vision of the future, but I am New York City born and raised.  I guess I'll have to grow up more now, and not just go places where I have family.
lmao

you might find yourself with the same problem IIIII have: I go to NYC because of family >>>>>>and because I could not care less if they lopped off everything but the Northeast and the northern intermountain states, specifically Wyoming and Montana. With maybe New Mexico and AZ ( haven't made up my mind yet on those 2} thrown in.

There is absolutely no reason to GO anywhere else in the US more then ONCE, either the landscape itself  or the people who live there are boring. California isn't worth the trip, while the Pacific NW may be pretty but the people are on mars. Texas???? I'd rather be dead. The South? Flat and dumb. Florida? Flatter and dumber.

Go to France. Or Montreal. You might have to deal with Artiste's questions in person but.....At least you will eat well.

LOL

"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2007, 03:30:22 pm »
while the Pacific NW may be pretty but the people are on mars.

:o :o :o

Jesus H., I hope you're joking. We got us a couple of really good Brokie buddies who were at the barbecue and live in the Pacific Northwest. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.