Author Topic: del Mar Painting by b73  (Read 127394 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
del Mar Painting by b73
« on: November 22, 2006, 12:30:19 pm »
Is anyone else reading this story? I wanted to post a new thread for it (well, really I think all of Maggie's stories should have their own threads...)

Be warned, it isn't for everyone, but I love it. It's an AU!AU cannon mix with Jack as an employee at Ennis' painting business. They become a little more than boss/employee though  ;)

It starts here http://b73.livejournal.com/52764.html

‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: del Mar Painting by b73
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 12:40:06 pm »
Hey there, I've been reading this too. I really like it. I know that it's not everyone's cup of tea, and that there has been some heated discussion about the nature of the Ennis/Jack relationship and their... well... 'terms of endearment' for want of a better phrase. However, if we we all liked the same things the world would be much duller.

I've only recently discovered Maggie's work and I think that she is a wonderful writer, although reading her stories, beautiful though they are, is often as painful as watching/reading the original.

I like the idea that her Ennis and Jack are revisitations of the original characters, reconnecting through time.

I do hope this one has an upbeat ending.

Karen

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 06:46:33 pm »
This thread needs a little bump because this story seriously makes me happy  :)

Here's how I picture del Mar Painting Jack...

::) love it...
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 07:10:15 pm »
YEP Mandy! I'm seriously in love with you again!!  ;D

Where the hell do you get these PERFECT pics from!!!!!

I LOVE IT! You should show Maggie

Awwwww ~ he's so cute and adorable and sexy ~ the perfect DMP Jack!

Thanks so much!  :-*

one_of_one

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 07:12:23 pm »
you rock, Mands

:)

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 10:13:12 pm »
LOL, it's funny, I was looking for another shades pic and happened upon this one instead! I've been trying to make it into an avatar but facebook won't let me upload it for some reason.... if anyone wants to volunteer to make an amazing avatar with it I would love you to death!!  ::)  :-*

I'll definitely show Maggie...

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 11:44:15 am »
OMG please sign me up for stock in del Mar Painting! I just "discovered" this fic thanks to Mandy. It's great - well-written, sweet, and funny - my favorite combination. I'm so glad that you have continued to write more chapters, Maggie.

favorite line !!!

"Is that so," I say. "Is that a fact. You really expect me to believe you wasn't pantin' for some a this all this time." I run my hands down my naked self, smilin' at him bright; I know it's braggin' to say so but I'm damn good-lookin', and I know no homo like him gonna be able to resist me." -Jack, del Mar Painting - by b73

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 01:58:04 pm »
OMG please sign me up for stock in del Mar Painting! I just "discovered" this fic thanks to Mandy. It's great - well-written, sweet, and funny - my favorite combination. I'm so glad that you have continued to write more chapters, Maggie.

favorite line !!!

"Is that so," I say. "Is that a fact. You really expect me to believe you wasn't pantin' for some a this all this time." I run my hands down my naked self, smilin' at him bright; I know it's braggin' to say so but I'm damn good-lookin', and I know no homo like him gonna be able to resist me." -Jack, del Mar Painting - by b73

LOL I love that line... I love smart ass ! Jack... God I wish I had written down every line of this story that I loved while I was reading it, there are so many funny/sweet ones  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 02:20:17 pm »
LOL I love that line... I love smart ass ! Jack... God I wish I had written down every line of this story that I loved while I was reading it, there are so many funny/sweet ones  :)

Yeah Mandy, wish I had done that too! And the paint colours too, I know there's a chart now but there have been chapters after the chart was put up. I'm going to go and write them all down. They are SO brilliant  :)

I know it may sound weird and crazy but I LOVE DMP so much it sometimes just hurts.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 03:03:55 pm »
that's not weird at all, I feel the same way... well, maybe we're both weird  ::) the paint colors are hillarious... last chapter it was kool aid purple  :o

I'm off to read ch. 40 now, I just saw it was posted!! Can you believe she's up to 40 chapters?  :D