Author Topic: del Mar Painting by b73  (Read 127399 times)

Offline coffeecat33

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: del Mar Painting by b73
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2009, 01:10:07 pm »
Maggie is awesome. However, like a phoenix, she periodically burns everything then assumes a new identity. I am pretty sure she deleted the jacksraven account on LJ. I don't know what she's writing & posting now.

Offline fierytopazgirl

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2009, 03:07:13 pm »
Aww that would be so sad if she deleted her new journal too, she is an amazingly talented writer!!!!

I was really hoping somebody saved "del Mar Painting" in Word and could share it with me.  I didn't start reading BBM fanfiction until she had already deleted her b73 journal so I never got the chance to read that one.  I was lucky enuff to get some of her other stories from that journal but I really want that one!  If you know anybody who has it can you let me know?  Thanx sweetie!!!!   :-*

Hugs,
Amber

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #192 on: January 30, 2009, 03:36:55 pm »
there's something about Maggie's stuff that always makes me sob helplessly.
I'm about 50 pages into The del Mar Painting andn modern Ennis and Jack have just met "our" Ennis who is in his sixties.
Reading about old Ennis made me bawl my eyes out. The thought of him ash grey, alone and living without Jack for years and years with the knowledge that he will never meet him again....

Love this story already, specially all the nods to canon. And I was glad to see that the idea of Ennis and Jack being reincarnated through out the ages, starcrossed born over and over again and never complete without the other, in this story too. Makes me feel so sad and hopeful at the same time.

(from Jack´s POV. Modern day Ennis and Jack meet old Ennis del Mar)

Dinner serve finally damn who serve beans with Thanksgivin’ dinner? “No more beans,” I say under my breath to Ennis, not thinkin’ anybody but him gonna hear me; but Uncle look up at me like scared, open his mouth; close it again.
We all set there silent durin’ dinner, the uncle hardly touchin’ his place, just glance at me now ‘n ‘gain then look away real quick and I wonder what wrong.
Maybe I look like him, I think; maybe I look like his dead boyfriend. I realize then I shoulda never come here.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2009, 06:40:39 am »
Oh...the scenes between non-canon Jack and canon Ennis are killing me dead...I swear

Offline fierytopazgirl

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2009, 03:08:12 pm »
OMG.   :'(

I only got the chance to read the first couple of chapters but that part sounds so beautiful and sad all at the same time, I just gotta take the time to sit down and read it all in one shot!!!!

Maggies writing is absolutely fabulous, she manages to leave me with my jaw on the floor and gasping for breath and squirming and sighing and sobbing all at the same time.  She is so gifted, I would give anything to be able to write like that!!!!   :)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2009, 03:46:16 pm »
, she manages to leave me with my jaw on the floor and gasping for breath and squirming and sighing and sobbing all at the same time. 
yeah, it´s exactly like that for me too. She´s fab.

I hope you´ll find time to read the rest soon! :-*

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2009, 11:05:14 am »
I only have a few pages left of The del Mar Painting and I´ve taken a break. I want to enjoy the feeling of still having more to read of this fanatastic story for a few more minutes.

I have no idea what I´ll do when I´ve finished. I feel broken and fixed all at the same time. Damn.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2009, 01:06:44 pm »
I finished a while ago and now I'm all like so now what?

Sorry for clogging the thread but I don't have any RL friends that are into fan fiction so this is my outlet when I need to vent.

Loved this story of B73 as well. Her style of writing is so free and loose. And I never doubt a word of what she writes, she as a writer has my absolute attention and trust throughout the reading. Everything she writes is so intense that sometimes I think I forget to breathe. I sob, laugh, cry and grin while reading. It's like I imagine it is to go to a therapist. Only better.

karen1129

« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2009, 01:28:13 pm »
I live for fanfic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit, I read a few chapter of DelMar Painting and couldn't get into it.

I need to try again and I am out of stuff to read right now !!!

Of course, I do go back and re-read some of my favorites allllllll  the time.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2009, 01:36:52 pm »
I live for fanfic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit, I read a few chapter of DelMar Painting and couldn't get into it.

I need to try again and I am out of stuff to read right now !!!

Of course, I do go back and re-read some of my favorites allllllll  the time.

Oh, a fellow addict ;D

Yeah, I go back all the time too. There are some fan fics I just can´t get out of my head and that I love to read over and over again.

I hope you´ll get into TDMP this time!  But Maggie has her own style and it might not be everyone´s cup of tea, though I personally worship it :D

If you decide to give it another chance, keep us updated!