Author Topic: I'll Be Seeing You: A Brokeback A/U fanfic by bailey  (Read 38170 times)

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Oh Danny Boy
« Reply #70 on: January 31, 2007, 06:00:56 pm »
Glad to see the guys finally getting it together. Jack obviously put a lot of thought into this "reunion," what with bringing the tent along. Wonder what his dad, Ludie and Wayne will think when the two of them don't come home? Or, worse, what either of them may think about trying because of that.

Oh, Danny. Such a waste. Your demons caught up with you, the worst of them being your parents and Dr. Baker. Hope you found peace where you are now. And hope Dr. Baker doesn't. Wait 'til Ennis finds out.

Like your Lureen more and more. Especially that talk about finding Vets who went missing after WWII. Serves them right if they spend the rest of their lives looking over their shoulders.

Great chapter. Danny's door and window closed, but Jack and Ennis found new doors and windows to open with each other. And Lureen has found a new window, not seeing the wheelchair first, just her son.

Thanks.

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Oh Danny Boy
« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2007, 06:30:33 pm »
Glad to see the guys finally getting it together. Jack obviously put a lot of thought into this "reunion," what with bringing the tent along. Wonder what his dad, Ludie and Wayne will think when the two of them don't come home? Or, worse, what either of them may think about trying because of that.

Oh, Danny. Such a waste. Your demons caught up with you, the worst of them being your parents and Dr. Baker. Hope you found peace where you are now. And hope Dr. Baker doesn't. Wait 'til Ennis finds out.

Like your Lureen more and more. Especially that talk about finding Vets who went missing after WWII. Serves them right if they spend the rest of their lives looking over their shoulders.

Great chapter. Danny's door and window closed, but Jack and Ennis found new doors and windows to open with each other. And Lureen has found a new window, not seeing the wheelchair first, just her son.

Thanks.

Thank you so much for your comments.  I left comments on your comments at BBMPhoenix  ;D  :-*

karen1129

Re: I'll Be Seeing You: A Brokeback A/U fanfic by bailey
« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2007, 10:20:53 pm »
Jack and Ennis trying to find their way back together.... to where they need to be.  Nobody writes it  like you Bailey !!!  I live for your updates.

Karen

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2007, 10:55:56 pm »
I'll Be Seeing You: http://baileymoyes.livejournal.com/86246.html#cutid1

Chapter Thirty-Three: Coming Home
A Brokeback A/U diverging from the original at the time of Ennis’s divorce.
Rated: NC17 for m/m sexual situation.
Disclaimer: I have borrowed these characters from Annie Proulx that created them, and the fine actors that embodied them on screen.
My deepest thanks as always to Jean.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You said once I was your treasure, and I saw your face in every star
The promises we make at night, oh that's all they are unless we fill them with faith and love they're empty as a howlin' wind.
Now darlin' I just wanna be back in your arms, back in your arms again.
Back in your arms, back in your arms again.
You came to me with love and kindness, but all my life I’ve been a prisoner of my own blindness.
I met you with indifference, and I don't know why.
Now I wake from my dream; I wake from my dream to this world where all the shadow and darkness and a dark sky unfurls.
And all the love I’ve thrown away and lost, honey I’m longing for again.
Now there's nothing that I wouldn't do if I could be back in your arms, back in your arms again.
Bruce Springsteen, “Back in Your Arms Again.”
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Home again
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2007, 11:38:44 pm »
Evenin'.

So, they've come home to each other, at long last.

The homecoming in the tent [shades of Brokeback and all those fishing trips, another homecoming of sorts] was perfect for these two. So open to each other, not like before; spending time with each other emotionally and talking things out, all in the safety of the tent which always meant someplace safe for them. Had to chuckle at the sight of Ennis rushing out to the saddlebag; they're young enough for the unbridled passion between them, but old enough to appreciate that a little KY would make their love-making that much better.

Now, home to Ennis' trailer, I hope. Then, into the home Jack grew up in, to face everyone together. Ennis needs a little more time, but not much. Danny's death will have a profound effect on Ennis, one that, I hope, will make him realize that he has to live now and not at some future time however close at hand.

Always great. I do really like this story. Or have I told you that before? Thanks.

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2007, 12:22:16 am »
I'll Be Seeing You: http://baileymoyes.livejournal.com/86595.html#cutid1

Chapter Thirty-Four:
Rated: R for language, adult themes.
Disclaimer: I have borrowed these characters from Annie Proulx and the fine actors that portrayed them on screen.
My profound thanks to Jean.
::x:: : ::x:: : ::x:: : ::x:: : ::x::
Stand by your man
Give him two arms to cling to
And something warm to come to
When nights are cold and lonely
Stand by your man
And tell the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man
Stand by your man
And show the world you love him
Keep giving all the love you can
Stand by your man
Tammy Wynette, “Stand By Your Man”
::x:: : ::x:: : ::x:: : ::x:: : ::x::

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2007, 01:28:50 am »
I'll Be Seeing You: http://baileymoyes.livejournal.com/87060.html#cutid1

Chapter Thirty-Five: Goodbye, Hello
Rated: NC17 for m/m sexual situation.
Disclaimer: I have borrowed these characters from Annie Proulx that created them, and the fine actors that embodied them on screen.
My deepest thanks as always to Jean.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I threw a pebble in a brook
And watched the ripples run away
And they never made a sound.
And the leaves that are green turned to brown,
And they wither with the wind,
And they crumble in your hand.

Hello, Hello, Hello, Good-bye,
Good-bye, Good-bye, Good-bye,
That's all there is.
And the leaves that are green turned to brown,
Simon and Garfunkel, “Leaves That Are Green”
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

karen1129

« Reply #77 on: February 10, 2007, 10:18:32 am »
I just absolutely love this story.  I squeel like a girl when I see an update.

Karen

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2007, 11:07:14 am »
You and me both, this is one of the few I'll literally drop everything to read... the only one I've ever snuck a read while at work, too  :)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline bailey

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2007, 11:55:05 am »
I just absolutely love this story.  I squeel like a girl when I see an update.

Karen

I'm very flattered, Karen.  I'll try and keep the updates coming on a regular basis.