Author Topic: I SABOTAGED THE NARNIA DISPLAY  (Read 18748 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: I SABOTAGED THE NARNIA DISPLAY
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2006, 05:35:21 pm »
At Borders there was a section of new releases. The top shelf had three stacks of BBM next to three stacks of Narnia. I covered all the Narnia, then went on to the regular DVD shelves. The Crash DVDs were near BBM (alphabetical order) so I went ahead and covered those too. No camera phone, couldn't take a picture. Haha, it would have never occured to me to do that if it weren't for this thread.

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2006, 05:37:36 pm »
So, I did my part today.  I was out walking around the city with some friends and we went to HMV (I bought Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins for those interested, lol).  Anyhow, there was a large shelf divided down the middle with one half devoted to Narnia and the other to BBM.  Well, when I was done, there were no visible Narnia's!  I moved about 20 dvds over to cover them all.  I took a picture with my friends camera phone, so hopefully she can email it to me and I'll post it.  She thought I was insane btw.  She kept saying that I had gone over to the "bad place", lol. 

nicole, are you a rilo kiley fan?  what do you think of jenny's solo album?  i think it's great, but i prefer rk.
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2006, 05:38:29 pm »
So, I did my part today.  I was out walking around the city with some friends and we went to HMV (I bought Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins for those interested, lol).  Anyhow, there was a large shelf divided down the middle with one half devoted to Narnia and the other to BBM.  Well, when I was done, there were no visible Narnia's!  I moved about 20 dvds over to cover them all.  I took a picture with my friends camera phone, so hopefully she can email it to me and I'll post it.  She thought I was insane btw.  She kept saying that I had gone over to the "bad place", lol. 

Hahahahaha, You crack me up Nicole.
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2006, 05:41:31 pm »
Wow rtprod this seriously sounds like something I would do! I actually remember having a conversation with someone on the old board about dressing up as a ninja and putting stickers on all the BBM DVDs that said "The true best picture of 2005". Then the person got scared and never spoke to me again....I wonder if that person is on here?
A couple of days ago when I went into Silverscreen I accidently knocked over some Crash DVDs and then ran out of the shop.
But anyway I think me and Kelda should do this when it comes out in the UK. You up for a challenge K?

Let the Crappy DVD covering comence!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2006, 05:45:49 pm »

nicole, are you a rilo kiley fan?  what do you think of jenny's solo album?  i think it's great, but i prefer rk.

Yes I am a major Rilo Kiley fan.  And I completely agree with you - the JL solo cd is great (I really love her cover of Handle Me With Care w/ Ben Gibbard an Conor Oberst!) but RK is superior.  I love, love, love her voice.  Have you heard "Teenage Love Song" by RK?  It's one of my favourites and hardly anyone I know has heard it!

Also, thanks Ray!  You crack me up on a very frequent basis yourself...
   Cowboys do it better

rtprod

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2006, 07:10:59 pm »
Whoowee, Nicole and Courtney!  Way to gooo...  Nicole, upload those pics ASAP!!!!

xo

rt   ;D

vkm91941

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2006, 09:22:11 pm »
We have a chain of grocery stores out here in California called Vons and they are huge major stores...they carry everything.  Well right up front where you check out it his shelve of new release DVD's and Narnia, Chicken Little and Crash were all right up FRONT and BBM, Capote and GN&GL was behind them so my son Dave & I, bold as brass, >:D stood there for 5 minutes rearrranging the display so BBM, Capote and GN&GL were up front and everything else was pushed back.  My younger son kept look out for the manager.  One woman stopped and said "that looks better already"  We cracked up!  Sorry no fancy photo feature on my phones..but thought you might like to know we struck our blow as well.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2006, 10:22:50 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2006, 10:20:54 pm »
so my son Dave & I, bold as brass, >:D stood there for 5 minutes rearrranging the display so BBM, Capote and GN&GL were up front and everything else was pushed back.  My younger son kept look out for the manager.  One woman stopped and said "that looks better already"  We cracked up!  Sorry no fancy photo feature on my phones..but thought you might like to know we truck our blow as well.

Heh heh.  I like how you're using your kids to help run block for your nefarious deeds, Vickie.  Contributing to the delinquency of a minor...if we don't teach the kids, who will?  Keep up the great work! >:D

rtprod

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2006, 11:16:21 pm »
Vic,

You know, I really love you. 

rt

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2006, 11:29:17 pm »
We have a chain of grocery stores out here in California called Vons and they are huge major stores...they carry everything.  Well right up front where you check out it his shelve of new release DVD's and Narnia, Chicken Little and Crash were all right up FRONT and BBM, Capote and GN&GL was behind them so my son Dave & I, bold as brass, >:D stood there for 5 minutes rearrranging the display so BBM, Capote and GN&GL were up front and everything else was pushed back.  My younger son kept look out for the manager.  One woman stopped and said "that looks better already"  We cracked up!  Sorry no fancy photo feature on my phones..but thought you might like to know we struck our blow as well.

ROFL! Vic you're the best! That's too good :D