Author Topic: All right, that's IT.  (Read 5760 times)

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: All right, that's IT.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2006, 02:39:06 pm »
I wonder if they are only posting the negatives because they don't have enough DVD's on hand to meet the demand for it.  So they're trying to discourage people from adding it to their rental queue.  Hunh?

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2006, 03:06:18 pm »
I had quit my Netflix account last year, because I couldn't keep up with watching so many dvds to make it worth my while. I was starting to think about restarting my account, but now I'm not so sure. I'll wait and see how this plays out. I might have to give my business to Blockbuster instead.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 05:28:20 pm »
Woohoo Barb, our hero!  :-*

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 06:00:46 pm »
You go, Barb. Excellently worded letter. Let's hope it opens some eyes. I'm guessing they have never had to worry before about people who hate a movie going to so much trouble to review it, so they don't have a system in place for screening or sorting.

I'm not even going to look at those reviews. Personally, I have seen enough of that sh*t on imdb to last a lifetime.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2006, 08:39:58 pm »
You go, Barb. Excellently worded letter. Let's hope it opens some eyes. I'm guessing they have never had to worry before about people who hate a movie going to so much trouble to review it, so they don't have a system in place for screening or sorting.

I'm not even going to look at those reviews. Personally, I have seen enough of that sh*t on imdb to last a lifetime.

Yes, I recommend you don't.  They will definitely piss you off.  Not so much for hateful content - it's all surprisingly devoid of any of that.  But for the sheer repetition of the same stupid comments and one- and two-star ratings over and over and over.  I really think it's the work of one or a few trolls in cahoots with one another.  It has to have been someone who rattled a bunch of similarly-worded crap off in one or two sittings and posted them bada-bing bada-bang right after each other.  Fucking sheep.  ;)
No more beans!