Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2594760 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #1130 on: August 10, 2007, 12:38:01 am »
My dear wonderful friend Truman, once again you have, with your wonderful way with words, led us thru your journey......I have laughed with you, I have cried with you, I have felt the togetherness with our fellow brokies, and I have sung with you as we all linked arms under the full moon....

Like Ang Lee, you have taken us all to a place where we can love without fear, and remember those who have lived and loved before us....

In my own offering there was Brokenback as well, Sage, from there and from Lightning Flat, gathered on my second favorite trip of all time. Offered for healing for Weldon Culliton and Geoffrey Chapman, who were fine men. I never met them, but I know their sister and daughter and they are fine folks, who still love them.   

I hope you dont mind me taking this paragraph out of your beautiuful story..

I am overwhelmed by your gesture of  rememberance and healing to my dear dad, Geoff Chapman.....you have no idea how special and honoured i feel for him and for myself, to have had such a symbolic and respectful memorial, to him and his life, made at such a sacred place.....thank you dear Truman, i feel so peaceful, knowing that he walks with men like himself, not afraid, no more hiding....he is free to roam those beautiful mountains....thank you for giving that to him....thank you for the peace you have given to me.

there is still a space between what I know, and what I try to believe....as you know, that "space" for me, shortened considerably from the time I saw our wonderful movie, and then shortened even more, when i joined people like you and so many other wonderful brokies in that "space"....one day my friend I will meet you there in real life, and maybe then the journey will be complete.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1131 on: August 10, 2007, 03:47:50 pm »
They had been given a tour by the elderly female owner, who told them the history of the place, recent and not so.              

Uh, Truman? I haven't been here much since getting home from AB but I have checked in with you a few times, friend. I wish you wouldn't refer to Kerry as "the elderly female owner" of the Lonesome Ranch. If she's elderly then I've been dead for about twenty years or so and that's just not so!  ;) (Actually, maybe it's Joe who's leading you astray. I'll have a talk with him...)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1132 on: August 10, 2007, 04:00:11 pm »
Thank you for setting me straight on this point. Perhaps my mind saw and old house and just assumed the owner was elderly, I stand corrected.  ;)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #1133 on: August 11, 2007, 05:24:43 am »
Hey there, friend,

I'm finally getting back here after my requisite week of post-BBM malaise.  (Why do I do that??   :-\ ???)

It was terrific to read your account of Alberta - I was alternately laughing and crying.  What a great trip!  I've got PMs and emails galore to catch up on and pics to post, specifically some of the 'Sweet Life' campsite and Juan's bullriding!  Tomorrow, I swear.

I dunno why I do this malaise thing...nor why it fades when it does and I can get back to normal...weird...

I watched Shooter tonight with Mark Wahlberg - he's really talented no matter the subject.  And I'm also in romance-novel mode.  Suzanne Brockmann's book, FORCE OF NATURE, is being released on Tuesday, and I've been re-reading some of her old books in anticipation.  The rumor is that FORCE OF NATURE is Jules and Robin's Happily Ever After - go Suzanne!! (www.suzannebrockmann.com)

Anyhow...I think it's terrific about your hike for your birthday - very proud of you, friend!!

TTYS,
Lynne

"Laß sein. Laß sein."

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1134 on: August 11, 2007, 02:05:27 pm »
Thought for today:

"I was born tired, and grew up lazy."

:laugh:

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1135 on: August 11, 2007, 02:41:23 pm »
Thought for today:

"I was born tired, and grew up lazy."

:laugh:

That's a good one Truman! LOL
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1136 on: August 11, 2007, 02:44:59 pm »
I can't claim credit for it, I hear it from someone else!

Hope you are doing well Natali! 8)

Offline BBMISWEAR

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • "You have no idea how bad it gets"
« Reply #1137 on: August 11, 2007, 03:19:00 pm »
Oh Truman I just read every word from your Alberta stories and was on the verge of tears through most of it.  I started to cry for real when you mentioned my rock - my beautiful rock from Moose Mountain that arrived in the mail TODAY!  I will treasure it always and can not thank you enough, my friend, for thinking of me.  But then - when I got to the part where you mention my phone call while you were all at the place where Jack was murdered I simply burst into tears in a major way - for so many reasons.  At first I hated that you guys were there and that I happened to call at that moment.  I never want to think about that scene again and here it was practically right in front of me although I was about as far away as I could get from Alberta at the time.  But then I talked to so many of you as the phone was passed around from person to person.  Wow.  I'll never forget that phone call - ever.  I laughed while I talked to y'all and cried when I hung up.  I talked to so many people that I have met once or more at BBM gatherings.  And I felt like I kinda met Kirk over the phone.  I don't know who Kirk is but boy does he sound like a nice guy!  (I also told my husband he officially has 2 years notice - I am going to Alberta in 2009 - he is taking care of our kid while I'm gone - and that is FINAL).

Thank you, Truman, for these wonderful stories and sharing so much of yourself.  I'm going to go hold my rock now.

Lisa/BBMISwear

P.S.  Judy - your story about you and Gail at Monroe's house is priceless!!!

xoxo

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1138 on: August 11, 2007, 03:33:37 pm »
Thank you Lisa, you are a sweetheart.

Your words, everyones words here are a blessing to me, I am like Lynne and her malisse, of late. I went out last night by myself, met up with some friends and had a dance or two, called my cousin in NY to wish her a happy natal anniverasry, but driving home alone I got so sad.

But I've had good words, and good phone calls the past few days, I'll quit whining.   

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1139 on: August 11, 2007, 03:55:45 pm »
I've been mopey (I've been calling it) quite a bit since getting home from that hightime.  It's been easing up quite a bit, but it's good to hear you've been bummed too, Lynne and Tru (you know how I mean that).

Truman, I've been watching a documentary/interview with Barbara Kingsolver, and I am reminded of you.  Do you know who she is?  If I make a DVD of it and send it to you, do you think you would watch it?  I think you would see why I think you would like it.