Author Topic: CASTING......Casting for the C.T reinactment of Brokeback Mountain...  (Read 47443 times)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: CASTING......Casting for the C.T reinactment of Brokeback Mountain...
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2006, 05:19:24 pm »
Ooo, I'm envious of you Jenny! Isn't that person called the gaffer? Say, could you pop up the lighting a little bit, especially on Jack in that scene? Also, tell the cameraman to go a little more wide angle too!

Duly noted.  I put that on my production notes.  This is the reason why I want the job. ;D

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2006, 05:56:27 pm »
All production jobs are open for the taking. Apart from, obviously, casting director cause that is me. But all other parts are open if you want 'em.
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2006, 08:40:56 pm »
Okay, I want the job of Company Masseuse so I can lovingly massage the tired muscles of Heath and Jake after their grueling days riding horseback and wrangling sheep.  :D

luigival, I am so there for a shoot in Sardinia!  Che bella paese!  Mille grazie!  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline luigival

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #173 on: May 03, 2006, 03:07:25 pm »
Prego, luigi, See you in Sardinia, home of BBM Redux (Altho Becky hasn't weighed in with her opinion yet). But if she's a little reluctant, we'll make her an offer she can't refuse, we have our ways, don't we??!! (My last name is Recca, which is Sicilian for river. Course I'm a complete WASP sadly, but I married a Sicilian and it rubbed off)

Right Front-Ranger, we have our ways! By the way didn't know that Recca stands for river - but I'm a northern Italian actually, not a Sicilian -. Back to Sardinian wines, do you think a large case of good reds would actually be appreciated by Ennis? Was just thinking to send him one... it can help in forgetting his long-gone love!

luigival, I am so there for a shoot in Sardinia!  Che bella paese!  Mille grazie!  :-*

You're welcome meryl. See you here then (with all the sheep).
They were two friends of mine

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #174 on: May 03, 2006, 03:44:09 pm »
Luigi, I would say hide the case under a saddle and bring each bottle out one by one, whenever Ennis shoots an elk or coyote or gets thrown or spooked by a bear. By the end of the summer, he'll be hooked (got him good!) Do you have Super Sardinians like the Super Tuscans of the North? Love those wines you can chew on! Although I gave up wine for Lent and I haven't started back in yet. Waiting for the right opportunity!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline luigival

« Reply #175 on: May 05, 2006, 03:40:22 pm »
Luigi, I would say hide the case under a saddle and bring each bottle out one by one, whenever Ennis shoots an elk or coyote or gets thrown or spooked by a bear. By the end of the summer, he'll be hooked (got him good!) Do you have Super Sardinians like the Super Tuscans of the North? Love those wines you can chew on! Although I gave up wine for Lent and I haven't started back in yet. Waiting for the right opportunity!

This would be definitely a good opportunity to start again chewing on some great wines. Yes, we've got great Super Sardinians too (even Super Piedmontese as well, as I come from there), and definitely better food than those beans (I'm too sick of beans, though I like Bettermost!). And we could also invite the original cast in order to supervise production. Can you imagine a reinactment involving all us Brokies along with the original cast, here in Sardinia. Actually a BBM by the sea reinactment. And as I said I can provide the mountain too: it's called Tavolara and it's a beautiful mountain island coming out of one of the azurest seas you can imagine. It's kinda magic and one of the most onyrical places I can imagine of and perfect for re-creating romance.
Agreeeeeeed??????

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #176 on: May 05, 2006, 04:07:10 pm »
Should you need any help with them sheep or should you need more sheep, let me know!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 08:44:35 am by Pipedream »

Offline luigival

« Reply #177 on: May 05, 2006, 04:14:25 pm »
Will do Pipedream! Cute picture...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2006, 04:17:32 pm »
Haha, just thought about it (looking at my strained face): I better get myself some sunglasses before coming to Sardegna, right?

8)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #179 on: May 05, 2006, 05:36:32 pm »
Uh, I don't think they wear sunglasses either in Sardinia or on BBM. In any case, you are gorgeous, Anke, reminding me of Hilary Swank in Boys Don't Cry, only even more beautiful! What do you say, Fuzzy, have we found our sheepherder #3? Look back a few pages for our description of the story on the sunny side of Brokeback Mountain. Guess I need to go shopping for a three-woman tent! Yahoo!
"chewing gum and duct tape"