Author Topic: CASTING......Casting for the C.T reinactment of Brokeback Mountain...  (Read 47038 times)

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
Re: CASTING......Casting for the C.T reinactment of Brokeback Mountain...
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2006, 10:03:54 am »
I am so the Mexican rent boy. 

"SeƱor?"

See, I already know my lines.

Chanterais, hon, you are killing me.  But snaps to you for being proactive enough to learn your lines before rehearsals have even begun.  But errr.. I'm gonna have to oversee a lot of this production, ok.  Just call me the Anne Rice of Chez Trembley, but I'm gonna stick my nose in every which way.  This especially includes the sexy scenes to see if they "work".  Which means, Kelda, Ray or Mandy, whichever of you is getting jiggy in that backseat, rippin off your top, I'm gonna have to butt myself, Tom Ford-style, into Jack's "position" to see if you've got the top-ripping "thing" down?  Ya?  And I'll be the tartare sauce between our two hot fishies in that reunion scene, testing the heat of that reunion kiss.

Its a tough job, but someone's gotta do it.  An I'm a tough old bird.

And seeing as how there are some as-yet-uncast roles, I did put myself down for the role of Jimbo. And if the production can co-incide with these certain few days in a month, I'll be the best darn Jimbo y'ever seen.  Hell, you might even mistake me for Mr Twist.  On the other hand, that'll mean I'll be married to Celeste and if its okay with her, n'all?
Chut up!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2006, 10:07:45 am »
So Sheyne, you want to be Mr. Twist? I will have to check it out with Celeste but otherwise that is fine with me!
So I am the casting director and you are the production manager! :-*
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2006, 10:09:06 am »
QUOTE And seeing as how there are some as-yet-uncast roles, I did put myself down for the role of Jimbo. And if the production can co-incide with these certain few days in a month, I'll be the best darn Jimbo y'ever seen.  Hell, you might even mistake me for Mr Twist.  On the other hand, that'll mean I'll be married to Celeste and if its okay with her, n'all? >QUOTE

Of course, I can't totally promise that I'll turn Jack down, in that scene...  It may be an unscripted change, especially if we get someone hot to play Jack (Nina? Jenny?)

and naturally if Jake G was to reprise the role, that barman would be calling 911 to revive Jake after I was finished with him...

Yeeeehaww!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:11:52 am by hungry_hungryhippos »
Chut up!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2006, 10:23:26 am »
LOL I think we have found ourself a new Jimbo! :D Unless you want to play Mr. Twist aswel.

Cast list Update:
Paul - Ennis(reunion scene)
David - Jack (reunion scene)
Victoria - Alma
Brandon - Ennis (cherry cake scene)
Celeste - Mrs. Twist
Ray - Ennis (flashback hug scene)
Sheyne - Jack (flashback hug scene)
David - Jack (matin' call scene)
Becky(me)- Alma Jr (both young and old. I want to wear the baby clothes LOL)
Front-ranger - Sheep herder #1
Flashframe - Cassie*
Stacey - Lashawn
Courtney - Tootie
Lureen - Huh? (in negotiations with Mandy, Kelda and Ray)
RouxB- Basque
JCinNYC - Randal
Judy - Waitress
Chanterais - Mexican rent boy
Sheyne - Jimbo

"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2006, 12:28:55 pm »
All right - in honor of my upcoming role, I have changed my avatar (for the 30th time!).  Still trying to figure out who's gonna be John Twist...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2006, 12:34:04 pm »
Yeah I am a bit confused too. I don't know if Sheyne wants to play him or what. If you want Celeste you could nominate a husband. I also like David.T's idea about once all of our roles our cast that we should do a subtitles thread and call it a script read through.
Actually I think we should just have on Ennis, one Jack and one of every character otherwise it is too confusing. But the question is who is going to be the only one of each character?

TheStudDuck

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2006, 12:40:20 pm »
Can I please, please, please be Joe Aguirre!?!  ;D

I'm not sure why I want to be Aguirre, but I really, really do.  If you give me the part, I promise to throw in various ad-libs about how I want more money.  In fact, I will throw in a comment about how I want more money in every single line that I say!

TheStudDuck

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2006, 12:52:10 pm »
An added comment to my lobbying for the part of Aguirre...

I think I figured out the solution to our problem about who is going to be John Twist.  Stay with me on this, it could actually work and it would be really cute and everyone wins.  ;D

See, what we do, since John Twist just sits in his little chair and never goes anywhere... we get a dummy and we just put him in the chair and that is our John Twist.  Then everything that is said to him is phrased in the form of a question and Ennis and Diane Twist wait through an awkward pause where he just seems like this huge jerk and then carry on the conversation as if he's just an asshole that plays those silent treatment games and/or speaks in his own sort of language of grumbles and facial expressions.

For instance... the scene could play like this...

ENNIS:  Do you know where Brokeback Mountain is?
[awkward wait]
ENNIS:  So, you thought he was too damn good to be buried in the family plot?
[awkward wait]
ENNIS:  So he's going in there, hunh?
[awkward wait]
ENNIS:  Well, that's okay, sir.  I understand.

So, we could play it like that... or if you want, we could actually just change the ending altogether and let John Twist be dead and Diane Twist gives Ennis the ashes and they have a moment in the kitchen and everything.  Tears, tears, tears, cherry cake to go around.  Ennis is her newly adopted son and promises to come back every Christmas.

Just some thoughts.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 12:54:44 pm by TheStudDuck »

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2006, 01:47:53 pm »
Chanterais, hon, you are killing me.  But snaps to you for being proactive enough to learn your lines before rehearsals have even begun.

I'm ready before commencement of rehersals too. Watch this:

*walks by*

See? Now who wants to be Elizabeth and walk with me? You might have to practice to keep up with my skills, but I'm sure with some work anyone here could do it!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2006, 02:05:36 pm »
Even though I know we have at least two professional singers here, I am going to be bold and say I want to be "singer."  I think this is probably referring to Mary MacBride, who sang, "No One's Gonna Love You Like Me," while Lureen's love life is openin up and Jack's is shuttin down - I mean while they dance the first time.  I want that role, singin that.

I also would like to be Ennis in a scene.  Not sure which, maybe the "Old Rose" or the "three hands" scene.

AND I nominate  (strongly) both Flashframe777 as Ennis and SpookyRabbit as Jack in the playful shirtless wrestling scene that happens after the second tent scene.  And I (strongly) suggest myself for Aguirre - just in that scene.  OOhhh!!  And I will find me some right strong binoculars (10X42), so I can really get into my part.  RRWWAHHFF (what's that British sound again?)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 05:47:03 pm by Ellemeno »